+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Can I use Skimmed Milk Powder as supplement in bodybuilding and weight gainer?

Advert.

mustang Guest

Can I use Skimmed Milk Powder as supplement in bodybuilding and weight gainer?

Advert.
    Guys,

I am hobbyist who loves bodybuilding and going to gym. Though I don't get much time but whenever I can, I add workout on my routine. Since there is no certain goals other than fitness, I hardly worried about size or muscle and it is going good. I have good lipid profile, great stamina and can lift decent amount of weight. I also loves running but now I am thinking that I should make some gains, now I am looking forward to add 5-10 kg in my bodyweight in next 5-10 months.

I have already changed exercises and reduced my cardio activity a lot to gain weight but one big problem I am facing is diet. I am mostly on move and procuring good protein is not easy everywhere. Moreover it also not very easy to carry, people who don't know whey protein etc. they question a lot on travel. And also getting good quality whey protein supplement is costly thing.

This is the reason now I am looking for change. I found that skimmed milk powder can be great weight gaining supplement in bodybuilding. It has about 36% protein (whey + casein) and rest is carbohydrates and very little fat. Looks like just right supplement and its also easy to find in store and is considerably cheap too. Biggest benefit is that most of the time I know I am buying genuine product as some big brands have their skimmed milk in almost all regular store.

Now I need support from your guys here to guide me with experience if anyone ever use skimmed milk powder as weight gainer supplement. I will love to hear your real life experience because have already researched on internet and now all I need is real life feedback for those who ever used it.

Savera
    Savera is offline eTI Aluminium
    Skimmed powder can really make very good weight gainer as has right amount of protein, right quality of protein (casein and whey with 80:20% ratio). It has lot of carbs in form of lactos. But problem with skimmed milk is that the way it is prepared, it gets lots of oxidized cholesterol and thus it may affect your lipid profile adversely.

In my advice, it may work occasionally when you are skipping food or can't have anything else but I will advice against its regular use. Even my stack has skimmed milk but I use it very rarely.

In past I could have advised for it but not now after reading recent studies and its affect.

Savera......

fitness04
    fitness04 is offline Just in!
    for weight gain skimmed powder always best, my fitness coach in ahmedabad gives suggestion to me for weight gain.

Rohit Chandra
    Rohit Chandra is offline eTI Iron
    Quote Originally Posted by fitness04 View Post
    for weight gain skimmed powder always best, my fitness coach in ahmedabad gives suggestion to me for weight gain.
    No, its confirmed from studies that prolonged uses of skimmed milk can increase cholesterol to dangerous level, specially triglycerides .

+ Post a Comment HERE!