+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

What is use of Solenoid valve in RO purifier (reverse osmosis home filter)

Advert.

sahil saini
    sahil saini is offline eTI Member

What is use of Solenoid valve in RO purifier (reverse osmosis home filter)

Advert.
    In my house there is a RO system for home purpose. Few days it stopped working, though it was ON but there was no water coming out. We then called the technician and he when came checked, he said that this device named as solenoid valve (SV) is not working and he has to replace it. It was not a costly item, he charged Rs. 300 + his service charge and replaced it. Now it is working fine.

I have this old non-working piece with me and I wonder what is the purpose of this device in RO systems. I can see that it is written 24 volts on it and there is not much things apart of some electric magnetic circuit inside it (since I have opened it). Out of curiosity I want to know what is the exact use of this device in the RO system ?

Here I am also attaching its picture :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_12.JPG 
Views:	592 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	2411

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    It is nothing but an electronic tap on your RO. When RO is on, it lets water flow through it and once its off, water supply is turned off.

Source: Internet and little self general knowledge.

villadavid
    villadavid is offline Just in!
    Quote Originally Posted by sahil saini View Post
    In my house there is a RO system for home purpose. Few days it stopped working, though it was ON but there was no water coming out. We then called the technician and he when came checked, he said that this device named as solenoid valve (SV) is not working and he has to replace it. It was not a costly item, he charged Rs. 300 + his service charge and replaced it. Now it is working fine.

I have this old non-working piece with me and I wonder what is the purpose of this device in RO systems. I can see that it is written 24 volts on it and there is not much things apart of some electric magnetic circuit inside it (since I have opened it). Out of curiosity I want to know what is the exact use of this device in the RO system ?

Here I am also attaching its picture :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_12.JPG 
Views:	592 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	2411
    Process Systems has a range of solenoid valves including direct acting, differential, high pressure, high temperature, explosion proof along with the various body material options available. Sizes ranging from DN8 to DN100 all available ex stock.To avail best services buy Livpure ro water purifier which is the best water system available.For more details contact https://www.livpurewater.com/buy-water-purifiers
    Last edited by villadavid; 08-27-2015 at 03:19 PM.

+ Post a Comment HERE!