makrand22
    makrand22 is offline Newbie

Ghajini ( Movie Review )

Advert.

[img][/img]

Ghajini ( Movie Review ) - Makarand . Subhedar

Starring : Aamir Khan , Asin , Jiah Khan
    Written & Directed : A. R. Murgadoss

The much awaited Aamir Khan starer Ghajini infact released on the planned date of 25th Dec 2008 in India, but like always I have said that am fortunate enough to see it a day in advance because we people who live in the UAE are lucky that all movies release a day earlier. Although a little hurdle for the release as the Chennai court dispute was resolved with no major issues.
    The people down south of India had already seen the original make in the native language, though knew the storyline, were infact anxious to see how Aamir would pull this one off, as the South actor Surya had done a splendid job. Infact even Aamir has confessed that it would be a sort of a test for him if he could manage somewhat close to what Surya had delivered. And boy doesn’t he deliver but over delivers in every department. I am sure some Surya fans would agree that Aamir was better, though I would leave it to the viewers to decide on that.
    Coming to the name of the movie, there’s not a single movie that I know of which is titled by the name of the negative protagonist, I definitely would call him a protagonist because the whole movie is based on him, though he has not much to do on the celluloid. This definitely is a praise for the writer cum Director A.R.Murgadoss for having this vision of having the villain as the main lead but without actually having him to do much on the screen. Sure takes some skills.
    The plot, very simple, Revenge. But the execution of the entire screenplay is what keeps you at the edge of the seat. Not a single dull moment, infact even some of the dark shades in the movie make you realize and feel what the character is going through at the time.
    Talking a little of the performances, Aamir Khan, to almost all movie buffs is known to be the perfectionist, and surely he deserves to be called that. Surprisingly, a lot of performances are viewed and applauded due to the dialogues, but in this case not many dialogues but just pure utter performance by means of body language.
    Asin, the female lead who also was the female lead in the South version, delivers to perfection too. Some have the prejudice that no leads can match this male lead, but this one has her own aura.
    Jiah Khan once again disappoints, what most people would remember after the movie is about Aamir , Asin and Gajini and I think that’s what makes her aweful performance fade. It’s like nobody cares about the cherry if the icing and the cake are awesome. That’s what she is. Though on a positive note, one scene where she’s been followed up to a shopping mall, brings some goose bumps, so kudos for that one.
    The direction has been explicit. I am sure Murgadoss must have had some sleepless nights before he decided that Aamir should be the man playing Sanjay Singhania ( lead ) and have had infinite sleepless night before the release of the movie just coz of the hype it got. But what he has achieved in terms of success, am sure all those sleepless nights were forgotten.
    Coming to the plot again, well Hindi cinema will always be hindi cinema, only here you find someone who destroys a whole army of bad guys just single handedly, and in Ghajini it is all done with the 8 pack Aamir that too who suffers from a short term memory loss, incredible yeah. The guy who cannot remember his house does remember that he has to kill Ghajini even when all the hints to that name have been erased. Sometimes with the goody goody role in TZP you tend to wonder whether he can do the GANG BANG all alone. And yes who can forget the “lived happily every after” even after being pierced by steel right in the stomach. Another aspect of the character that Jiah played, I thought she was more of a hurdle than anything else, be it for Sanjay Singhania to find Ghanjini or Ghajini to find Sanjay Singhania.

The three hour plus movie does bring you out with remembering the romance between Asin and Aamir, and wishing that we could see more of their story in the movie.

To conclude it’s a must watch for all (some parents might not like their kids to watch coz of the violence)

My Rating: 4 / 5

makrand22

Re: Ghajini ( Movie Review )

can anyone help me post a pic to the review...

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Posting picture is easy.
    First upload it to a site like picoodle.com and then post its direct link (which will be provided after image upload).
    You have to include that link between [ img] [ /img] tags. make sure to remove any spaces.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Regarding Review,
    Nice review, though I have not yet seen movie but will do soon as I get chance. Your reviews seems just right and brief.

makrand22

Thanx Ricky.. both for the clue reg posting a pic and for the compliment. Its definitely a good watch mate....

communicative
    communicative is offline eTI Iron

Here is a poster of Ghajini !

7. Advert.

alok007patel
    alok007patel is offline Newbie

!! Best movie of the year !!

communicative
    communicative is offline eTI Iron

Here is a "Ghajini" scene featuring Amir Khan and Asin!!!

workhard
    workhard is offline Newbie

Hi, the review , i liked the telugu version of the movie better

nishchala
    nishchala is offline Newbie

thanks for sharing

nishchala
    nishchala is offline Newbie

It’s a nice posting, thank you for sharing
    Thank you for the information,
    Regards

Amir Khan is best for the movie and the best movie in the year.

U see more movie in this site
    www.moovyshoovy.com

pingu789
    pingu789 is offline Newbie

Perfect movie perfect songs

skyizm
    skyizm is offline Newbie

i totally love the songs of Ghajni...they make me cry.

sportfree
    sportfree is offline eTI Iron

Gajini was really worth watching...Hatss of f to the team !!

http://[img]http://orkut.vidpoke.com....gif[/img]
    yk"

sexcisauce
    sexcisauce is offline Newbie

he looked ridiconlously good

+ Post a Comment HERE!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast