+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Family reputation issue over bride's father's past in prison

Advert.

anuda
    anuda is offline Just in!

Family reputation issue over bride's father's past in prison

Advert.
    Hello,

My brother is all set to marry a Brahman girl in the coming new year. However the major issue is her father who has been jailed for 10 years due to some mistake from his end or may be not. He was a custom officer. My parents are objecting on the same [point as it is unacceptable for them that the bride's father has completed a 10 years jail sentence. This is to a certain extent a prestige issue.Rest that girl is absolutely not an issue. My brother has come down to India just for getting married and wants his parents and his sister ( Me ) to join the wedding. Before planning all things he did not even inform them about any happenings. my parents had even told him to cancel the marriage rituals and do a register marriage to which he refused. If at all me and my parents do not attend this wedding this relationship will be broken for ever

I need a solution on this, whether we should go ahead and just attend the wedding as a formality ??

Anuda

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    I don't know why people won't understand , it is them who have to live and spend whole life together, its something far bigger than petty and momentarily reputation issue. Come on, no one is going to remember all this stuff after a while, it will be only your family which will keep dragging it.

Just think about it, do you believe in brother's happiness or its nothing to you ? What if you never attends the marriage, he will never forget that his family was not there with him at this important event of life. And if he decides not to marry for society, what society will gain.. nothing, what you will gain, nothing.. but who will loose.. it will be him only. Since you have asked here, its simple and clear, you should support your brother, be part of his happiness and stop worrying about what other will think.

+ Post a Comment HERE!