+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Lien amount in statebank of India saving account

Advert.

Savera
    Savera is offline eTI Aluminium

Lien amount in statebank of India saving account

Advert.
    Hi guys,

Anyone has got any idea about lien amount being shown in my SBI bank account netbanking ? It is showing around 6000 rupees in lien amount from my main balance.

Looking over internet can not really make out what it has to do in my SBI saving account with bank . I am also surprised because I have this account from many years but never saw this in it. Seeing it for first time.

Probably its confusing because as per people over internet, its amount which I transferred or received but bank is yet to verify it.

Savera......

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    In simple term, its an amount which you owe to bank in some manner, sometimes its just some amount which bank is supposed to take from you or charge you but currently may or may not required to charge. Specially in case of SBI, if you make a virtual card, they will deduct amount form your main account and then it will be shown under Lien amount until you have not spent it. So essentially that amount is taken from you but still there in your account because you have created a virtual card from it. If you use that card then it will be spent and if you don't then that lien amount will get back transferred to your main account. Again, that is case with SBI.

In technical context, its :
    Type of charge that gives a bank automatic claim over a borrower's property or assets that come in bank's possession in the normal course of its business. Bankers' lien is both a possessory lien and special lien: the bank has the right to seize and sell the defaulting borrower's property in its possession, after giving a reasonable notice but without going through the foreclosure procedure. Enforcement of a banker's lien, however, may depend on the type of the property and the reason it was handed over to (or came in possession of) the bank.

+ Post a Comment HERE!