Advert.

kanish
    kanish is offline Just in!

Financial status difference and parents against love marriage

Advert.
    Male
    23 yrs old

Hi,
    I am in love with a girl of same caste and same state, who is 6 months older than me, from past 2 years. Since, its a long distance relationship we are able to meet only once or twice in 3 months, as both are busy in building up their respective careers. But, recently a friend of her dad saw us and reported the same to her father. Later on the day her father tricked her into talk and got all the information from our relationship and is against the relationship, reasons are due to the concept of love marriage and somewhat difference in financial status of both the families. We do not want to take any step against our families but are not ready to give up on both of us. Her father has also given alarming signals to both of us not to communicate with each other through any medium. Please suggest what shall we do in order to get acceptance from her parents. Also, i am pursuing my MBA from IIM and she is doing M.Tech from DTU.

Savera
    Savera is offline eTI Aluminium
    Since you both are perusing higher studies, I suggest not take any step where you both get rebellious in front her parents. As tested by time, when you are self sustainable and have successful career than you are more free to take your decisions. So, in short , have some patience and don't make parents angry.

Hopefully things will be in your favour soon. Girl's parents knows about you, so be careful, not to make anymore in heist where you will force them get their girl married elsewhere. Wait for right time and I am sure they can't deny.

Savera......

kanish
    kanish is offline Just in!
    But the whole point is what shall we do from now on? Its difficult to stop talking and then emerge from nowhere after 6-7 months. How do we change their thinking about love marriage? Financial differences can be taken care of after we both get settled into jobs. Will it be correct to stop communicating, already given that its a long distance

omark
    omark is offline eTI Member
    I think Savera is saying that don't take any action which will irritate girl's father. It could be showing them that you both are no more in contact, even if are in contact but have decided to keep it friendly because parent's doesn't like it. Just keep parents thinking that they are the one who are in control.

+ Post a Comment HERE!