+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

The service installation section in this inf is invalid - windows 8 error android

Advert.

vinaydon Guest

The service installation section in this inf is invalid - windows 8 error android

Advert.
    Sir I want to solve my problem of error when I connect my Android phone to my windows 8.1 laptop. From today problem has started, it was not there yesterday. Whenever I connect my phone computer, it is not detecting it in MTP mode but yesterday and day before yesterday, it was all good and was working all great. I regularly connect my phone using usb cable to computer in MTP mode to transfer pictures and files from phone to computer but what happened today iis that is not detecting it at all. I searched and then was adviced to check if driver are working for my phone. So in Device Manager I checked and there my phone is showing as UNKNOWN DEVICE under OTHER DEVICES.

When I clicked on it to "update drivers automatically" , in then end it showed error that windows was able to find driver for MTP device but can't install because "

[code]the service installation section in this inf is invalid[/b]

And now asking me to contact vendor of hardware to get new file.

I remember earlier it used to be detected as MTP device . My phone is Lenovo K3 Note . Please advice what is this issue and how can I solve it .

Thanks

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    Since you said it was working fine earlier then I suspect windows has loaded wrong driver for it. Have you tried manually updating from the list.

Do following :

Open Control Panel --> Device Manager --> Now right click your Device (unknown device as you said) --> Click update driver --> Now select "Browse My computer for driver software" --> now choose "Let me pick from list of device drivers on my computer".

Now it will show you list of drivers available on your computer, look for "MTP" and select it, then find "MTP USB Device" , use this and I am sure it will solve the issue. Just update me here.

+ Post a Comment HERE!