+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Cancellation of Credit Card EMI loan- impact on CIBIL and charges on account?

Advert.

Sweetie
    Sweetie is offline eTI Member

Cancellation of Credit Card EMI loan- impact on CIBIL and charges on account?

Advert.
    I recently purchased a big item online and decided to pay for it using credit card EMI, but sadly few days later Item was cancelled by seller for some reason and my deducted amount was credited back.

I think that is fine but it is not clear if I will be charged for it because it took more than 7 days for shop to return my money . If anyone has idea about its charges , if there are any ?

Also, two days back, I made another purchased, again used EMI on card but sadly I had to cancel it because I ordered wrong item mistakenly. I have not yet received money but will take 3-5 days. But now I am concerned, will it cause any issue with my CIBIL score or issue with my credit card company and my reputation with them ?

Has anyone ever cancelled card EMI and then faced any charges ?
    Does it affect CIBIL ?

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    For first thing, ie. Cancellation charges, it depends upon the bank or card issuer. Generally there is no preclosure charges as cancellation will considered as preclosure but some bank may charge you some cancellation fee.

For CIBIL, I am not really sure but general assumption is that it should not affect you unless you are not making too many loan request (as credit card EMI is considered as loan). Having 1-2 loan account is fine but regularly utilizing loan facility or too many loans may impact your CIBIL.

On the other hand, if you have taken a loan ie. credit card EMI then full amount is considered used , say you have card limit of 100000, you have taken some product of Rs. 50000 for EMI of Rs. 5000 per month. Now that Rs. 50K will not be available on your limit of card unless loan is completed. So for that period you will only have credit card limit of other 50K . And if you are using almost all limit of your card then it also affects CIBIL negatively.

+ Post a Comment HERE!