+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

- Pets other than Dogs and Cats -

Advert.

NRI
    NRI is offline eTI Iron

- Pets other than Dogs and Cats -

Advert.
    Animals like ... Cows, Goats and Buffaloes are common pets other than Cats and Dogs in India.

The reason is very clear and simple ...

1. Milk
    2. Faming industry

there animals provids with organic fertilizers which is food for the plants ... grown for vegetables ... grain etc.

and they even are heplful in digging the fields.

Farmars Best Friends
    Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative

Talat
    Talat is offline eTI Aluminium

Re: - Pets other than Dogs and Cats -

Pets are animals kept for amusement or companionship. The common pets are cats, dogs, birds, fish, rabbit, turtle..but now snakes are also being kept as pets. In older times, many people even kept lions and tiger cubs as pets.

Cow, buffaloes, goats, hens, camels, bulls etc are not actually pets. These are called domestic animals. Domestic animals are kept in house for their use for milk, egg, ploughing etc etc.

NRI
    NRI is offline eTI Iron

Well ... U might be right to say that Pets are kept for amusement or companionship, but ...

the definition od domestic animal states 'Any of various animals that have been tamed and made fit for a human environment'

A cow/ ox / Hen if kept for non-commercial reasons are also classified as pets.
    To make it clear ... commercial aspects are where business is involved. Where and when someone sells the milk / eggs in return for money.

If I keep a cow and drink the milk, which is not commercial use, and the cow will be classified as my pet.
    Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative

Talat

Yeah ! exactly..thats the definition of domestic animals..and interestingly animals like dogs etc can come in the category of doemstic animals as they have been tamed and made fit for a human environment.

On the other hand, if you keep cows, hens etc for the business i.e. for making money by selling their milk, eggs etc they will be of commercial use but if you just keep them in house and you have their products just for your own use, they will be called domestic animals and not pets.

Soniya
    Soniya is offline eTI Iron

Cheers!! I want a pig as a pet can i have him :d

Talat

I want to have a rabbit

7. Advert.

Soniya
    Soniya is offline eTI Iron

ha ha ha.. i has 2 rabbits when i was say 6-7 yrs old and they ate my littel fingure .. so i hate them from then.

kevin89
    kevin89 is offline Just in!

I also think like Talat that Pets are animals kept for amusement or companionship. The common pets are cats, dogs, birds, fish, rabbit, turtle..but now snakes are also being kept as pets. In older times, many people even kept lions and tiger cubs as pets.

Cow, buffaloes, goats, hens, camels, bulls etc are not actually pets. These are called domestic animals. Domestic animals are kept in house for their use for milk, egg, ploughing etc etc.

kammy
    kammy is offline eTI Copper

;D ;D ;D 8) i would like to have an eagle.
    kamal

+ Post a Comment HERE!