+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

As foreigner, I received Aadhaar Card- Am I breaking some law ?

Advert.

IsaacOliver Guest

As foreigner, I received Aadhaar Card- Am I breaking some law ?

Advert.
    I have Overseas Citizen of India status and living abroad. I have a bank account in India which was suspended for not furnishing PAN card. So in order get PAN card, I need to have aadhar card because I know its mandatory to have Aadhar to apply for PAN.

So I applied for aadhar card I submitted application based on xerox copies of my foreign passport, utility bill and another bill of address in India.

Now I have aadhar card, but I am recently told that foreigners can not have Aadhar cards, so am I breaking any law or rules ?

What should I do , any suggestion or advice ?

abhishekdv38
    abhishekdv38 is offline eTI Iron
    No you are not breaking any kind of Law because Overseas citizen of India (OCI) and Person of Indian Origin (PCI) are also eligible to take aadhaar cards.

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    Yes, as Abhishek said, Aadhar cards are of all residents ,every individual above 15 years of age,including NRIs,and foreigners residing in INDIA can apply for Aadhar Card. Overseas citizen of India (OCI) and Person of Indian Origin (PCI) are also eligible to take aadhaar cards.

Aadhar card is more like Identity proof , its not proof of citizenship, so once you give your details for Aadhar enrollment, you are sharing your credential with Govt. in order to give your unique ID.

AronGlover Guest
    Thanks for the information, it is useful not only for me, but for every one.

NatalieKerr
    NatalieKerr is offline Just in!
    How can you break any law if you have got it legitimately?

+ Post a Comment HERE!