+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

How to Disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry in Windows 10 ?

Advert.

Amit Lawania Guest

How to Disable Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry in Windows 10 ?

Advert.
    Hi friends,

I am currently using Windows 10 and whenever i start my window it started using heavy disk usage and when i opened my system process in task manager it is showing Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry is causing the heavy disk usage.

So can anybody help me and give me suggestions on how to disable it?

Thanks in adavance.

sunnysmt
    sunnysmt is offline eTI Member
    Hi Amit,

Yes you can disable it by the help of Microsoft Telemetry Removal Tool, which works across Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. It goes far beyond turning off telemetry however, and will disable your Windows Update settings, SkyDrive, and several other useful features. In short, it declares total war on Windows automated features.

There's also a second option you can do it manually by yourself.

To disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro, you need to do the following:

1. Open Registry Editor.
    2. Go to the following Registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Win dows\DataCollection
    3. There you need to create a new a 32-bit DWORD value named AllowTelemetry and set it to 0.
    4. Now, you need to disable a couple of Windows services. Right click the File Explorer item in Windows 10 Start menu and pick Manage from its context menu:

Go to Services and Applications -> Services in the left pane. In the services list, disable the following services:

Diagnostics Tracking Service
    dmwappushsvc

5. Update: Windows 10 version 1511 changed the Diagnostics Tracking Service to Connected User Experiences and Telemetry service. You will need to disable

Connected User Experiences and Telemetry
    dmwappushsvc

6. Double click the mentioned services and pick "Disabled" for the startup type.

7. You need to restart Windows 10 for changes to take effect.

By this method you can disable it manually.

+ Post a Comment HERE!