+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Maruti Wagon-R Duo (2007) Suddenly Stops Driving

Advert.

Satendra Pal Guest

Angry Maruti Wagon-R Duo (2007) Suddenly Stops Driving

Advert.
    Hello,
    My WagonR fitted with LPG and Petrol purchased in 2007 Jan suddenly stops while driving on the road. I am a bit shocked that this is happening on a car produced by a reputed manufacturer like Maruti.
    This can be dangerous to the occupants of the car if this happens on a crowded road. I am very disappointed that this is happening.

After the car is stopped for 30-40 minutes it again starts.

This has happened twice before however yesterday it did not start even after 30-40 minutes of waiting. It was very hot in the afternoon at about 3pm. After travelling for about 1km I stopped to purchase something. The car then restarted but after travelling about 50 meters it suddenly stopped while driving.

I waited for about 40 minutes and tried to restart but it did not work this time. There is no battery problem as its a very new battery and I could hear the car being cranked but yet did not start ...seemed as if the engine was not getting fuel.

Also there was no coolant issue the temp gauage was at the center.

The car is well maintained and has hardly run 50000KMs (fifty thousand) all these years

I then called the mechanic to have a look at it. He tried a lot but was unable to get it started...Finally he started the car by hotwiring the cable running below the RHS of the back passenger seat.

Once we took it to the garage the mechanic did a lot of examination and checks and concluded that an electronic component (approximately 12 cm by 8 com by 2 cm) in front of the passenger seat in the front had failed. It was not passing on the current ..We opened up the box and took a lot at the wiring etc inside. Everything looked fine...there were no carbon deposits and no burnt marks inside.

I am unable to understand. How could the component that was not working after several hours of attempts. How did it suddenly start working when the car was started by hot wiring the cables at the back..

The mechanic is a smart guy I think but I am not sure if this is the root cause of the issue. It seems that something is becoming hot after driving around and it fails after sometime. When it cools the car re-starts.

Can someone please explain and throw more light on this issue?

Thanks in advance.

abhishekdv38
    abhishekdv38 is offline eTI Iron
    There are two reasons for stalling of engine. Either because there is not any fuel to ignite, or because it lacks the electrical charge to ignite it. Wagon R 2007 is a MPFI engine. In fuel injected engines, cold stalling can also be caused by conditions that upset the air/fuel mixture. This includes vacuum leaks or unaccounted air entering the intake manifold downstream of the airflow sensor, a faulty throttle position, oxygen sensor, dirty fuel injectors, or low fuel pressure to the injectors (weak fuel pump, faulty fuel pressure regulator or restricted fuel filter). Take the car to a MASS and use an OBD reader to correctly find the solution.

Hope it helps.

+ Post a Comment HERE!