+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Procedure to Transfer Vehicle Registration from One State to Another ?

Advert.

Narendra Singh Guest

Question Procedure to Transfer Vehicle Registration from One State to Another ?

Advert.
    Hello eTI Team,

I am planning to buy a used diesel car and after all my research i found a Volkswagen Polo Diesel model from Delhi.

Now my query is that the car registration is already done in Delhi by its owner and now i am buying it in UP so i got to register it in my state.

So what is the procedure for Interstate Vehicle Registration in India ?

Need your valuable suggestions on this topic.

Thanks in advance.

abhishekdv38
    abhishekdv38 is offline eTI Iron
    State Transfer NOC from the Bank in case there is a loan

If your vehicle is financed by a bank and you have taken a loan then you need to get a state transfer NOC from the respective bank. In order to obtain the state transfer NOC, you have to contact your branch and give them applications with required documents e.g. address proof and valid reason like job transfer letter etc.

Next step is for bank to transfer and validate your request. Most likely the credit department of the bank will be doing the verification as they do when you apply for a loan. If they find all is well, your bank may consider giving you the letter of consent or the No Objection Certificate for state transfer of the vehicle and its registration no.

Apply for NOC from the RTO where you vehicle is registered

Assuming you are moving from Delhi, you have to submit required form in the RTO for an NOC. Form 27 and Form 28 is required to be submitted along with the Xerox copy of the NOC you obtained from the bank and other documents related to vehicles such as;

* Application requesting for NOC for interstate transfer.
    * Certificate of registration, insurance, tax, Pollution under control (emission test certificate)
    * Original Chassis Imprint of the vehicle
    * 3-4 Copies of CMV Form 28
    * You may also obtain and attach the no objection certificate from the police to speed up the process. or else the RTO will
    give you a clearance form that you can get signed from the police department.
    * NOC from traffic police that there is no due of any fine for traffic violation etc.

Usually the RTO will seek NOC from the local police for any case of theft or crime, but if you have already obtained all of these then the things can move fast and you may get the NOC fast.

You are good to move your vehicle

Once you have obtained the no objection certificates, you are good to go. You may hire a car carrier or drive your car yourself if you like. Driving is easier especially when you are at the border, but car transporters can transfer your car for a fee without any hassle.

Re-registration after transferring your car

Once your car is relocated, you have to approach the RTO for re-registration of the number. Initially it was a DL no and now you are applying for MH no (assuming you are transferring from Delhi to Mumbai).

Again time for you to go to the RTO and submit application along with following main documents;

* Form 29-30 for re-registration of the number.
    * Original RC copy
    * Copy of Insurance of the car.
    * Copy of the NOC you obtained in previous steps.
    * Pollution under control /emission test certificate
    * Original Chassis Imprint of the vehicle.
    * Photo id and local address proof of the owner of the vehicle.
    * Applicable fees like road tax, octroi charges.

Octroi charges should be calculated based on depreciated value of the vehicle. After submitting all of these documents, you should get the number issued. It does not take long, but you may visit the RTO if the number is not issued in a few weeks.

There are professional (local agents) who may help you out, but approach them only when you are clueless and know how to negotiate.

Hope it helps.

+ Post a Comment HERE!