+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Why we are stupid enough to praise MOVIE SLUMDOG MILLIONIARE

Advert.

vj
    vj is offline eTI Member

Why we are stupid enough to praise MOVIE SLUMDOG MILLIONIARE

Advert.
    Dear Friends,

Cant believe all the people of INDIA are praising(all dumb journalists as well) & we very proud of what they have shown in & about india , which is so grose about indias slums & also there own minds dirty creation .
    Of the boy jumping in the pool of shit
    Hindus killing his mother
    Children being amputed for beggery.
    How any Indian can allow this kind of slur on our lives.
    may be some where some people of very poor are living , but then they dont need to go in our interiors & expose only dirt iest part of our living in the garb of slum dog. I am so Ashamed whole world is going to see this movie as it has won so many Oscars.
    plot was good ,every thing fine , but to show such grose few seens must be not acceptable by any INDIANS& OUR GOVT.
    I wish someone takes it to the task & get those grose scenes ,which go totally against our countries respect & honour. we have no objections then.
    plz take it to task immidiately some one .Need my help also for the fight & others join us for this fight for the honour of our country.
    one indian like u all
    vj

kammy
    kammy is offline eTI Copper

Re: Why we are stupid enough to praise MOVIE SLUMDOG MILLIONIARE

i agree with you n i am with you.
    kamal

shaligram27
    shaligram27 is offline Just in!

me too in your side.
    I dont understand the mentality of indian people,govt, these so called news channel.
    They boast on useless thing thousands of time.They will come in the passage of some junk issues in indian movies of less importance. but when its slumdog nobody raise fingers on it.
    ....why sud n e body......we are getting the OSCAR.

nupur.
    nupur. is offline eTI Copper

May be U R right . We must feel Ashame of all the nonsence shown in the movie. Calling Slum a Dog is also big point which has to be notify..

But don't you guys think that this things are actually happing in INDIA. ya if u see there no of boys & guys who are just used for begging purpose in ALL OVER . EVEN in DELHI. U can see 100 of beegers children those they dont know what the meaning of begger. They are rooming around the people just for a Coin..

Its all cause of us. We should not blame everything on Goverment. cause WE only Choosen this Goverment For us. yes We are resposible for all this. For us MOney matters.

We have all the Rights to do something for or Country.. But FOR US only the WORD ''ME" matters..

ITs a lesson for OUR INDIANS to get out of this... SO that In future no can Point out this thing...

But ..Only One thing left .... that WHO all wana do this? and How?

.. I M READY FOR BETTER FUTER OF OUR COUNTRY.. What about u guys?.. Suggestions are always welcome to take sudden steps..

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

It is nice to see that apart of praising, some are also concerned about the other side of the movie.

However, foremost, I should clarify here that Slumdog Millionaire is a movie based on India but is not from India. Even developed nation has some sort of Slums and likewise, developing nation also have Posh, developed and clean areas too. I am not against movie but I am against the idea of celebrating it as our own creation. A.R. Rehman bagged two Oscars for it and we should celebrate about it but movie received best picture, best director etc. awards, that goes straight to a British person but not India.

Most part of the movie is based upon reality of India, do you remember 1992 religious riots ? I have been told about people kidnapping, abducting and using children for beggary from right from the childhood so I do not find it fake, its the truth and should be accepted.

Movie has been filmed on real location so its truth that we do posses such places. But sad part is that, consider those who never visited India, after watching this movie, they will only consider India as a pile of Junk, imagining that their flight landed in India airport and when they come out they see piles of garbage around !

Sadly, director decided to go for Slums and he just showed slums, nothing wrong in that. Infact he showed it better than any Indian director did.

But remember, its based on India but not an Indian movie.

Mr.Vishal
    Mr.Vishal is offline eTI Iron

My friends you people are right on your part ...but our Indian peoples don't have conscience so they are not able to decide in which way they should take it ..Lagaan Movie in which we showed how the poor farmers are winning over Britishers oscar gave only one nomination and that too our Movie didn't won ,Now when they showed the worse part of india ..they got 10 nominations and out of it 8 have been won.I m happy for A R Rehmaan that he deserve the Lime light.But one more thing is that if this is the bitter truth of our country then rather discussing it we should try to get it corrected ,See my friends if they have shown something objectionable then we should try to bring this in front of our government.

When we are right on our part then nobody can show us anything objectionable ,and then someday our movie director can show them (Britishers) their real face.

7. Advert.

Krishan
    Krishan is offline Just in!

Showing or not showing the facts is not the real question. Yes, they are a matter of shame for us all. The real question is 'How do we bring changes in our society that continue to deny the basic hiuman dignity to the poor?" Instead of being ashamed and angry, we should think about how to change things that are to be ashamed about. Millions of shots in our own bollywood movies are also a matter of shame.
    We don't need to shut our eyes for the evils of our society.

Saraswati
    Saraswati is offline Just in!

Well ! Reality is often gross and unacceptable, worst is happening, it is only projected in a manner to make the audience experience and shudder at the kind of lives these people live. World is not a pink picture, there are shades of grey n black. Better try to improve that somehow rather than close eyes on what is happening. Remember it is only one life for all, try to help the less privileged and you may feel better. Take it not as an insult, but an eye opener for one and all. Find a remedy to overcome such abuse and humanslaughter and do it with more humanity than curse and criticism. Be thankful someone is bringing it to the forefront not like our politicians who are breeding and preying on them to play the dirtiest ever vote bank game. Be ashamed of them rather than the deprived. Admit that we are responsible too, directly or indeirectly.

Krishan
    Krishan is offline Just in!

Thanks Saraswati, for supporting me with your thoughts. Yes, we must thank the producers of this movie to expose those shameful parts of our social fabric. I am hopeful, more of such acceptance of the reality will help open many closed eyes. Those who simply feel ashamed only, are, I am sure, much less in number.

rick39
    rick39 is offline Newbie

Well i agree , i am at your back ,,, nice thoughts...

+ Post a Comment HERE!