+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Registered Intercaste Marriage without Parents - Christian & Hindu

Advert.

Unregistered Guest

Post Registered Intercaste Marriage without Parents - Christian & Hindu

Advert.
    I'm a Christian and my boyfriend is a Hindu.V both r majors.My parents r opposing .so v planned to get married. V r from chennai.. can anyone suggest us how to get married. Because in registrar office they r asking for the girls parents. Is it not possible to do it without them.

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    For court marriage in India, if Husband and Wife are of different religion then it is carried out under the Special Marriage Act, 1954 lay down the procedure for both solemnization and registration of marriage, where either of the husband or wife or both are not Hindus, Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs.

Since they are asking for Girl's parents. There is no need for parents’ approval of a court marriage, so long as the following conditions are fulfilled.

Chapter II, Section 4, states that certain conditions are required for entering into such a marriage. They are:

No Previous Marriage Valid: Neither party should have a living husband or wife. Any previous marriage should no longer be valid.

Valid Consent: Both parties should be competent to give valid consent. The parties should be capable of speaking their mind and entering into marriage of their own will.

Age: The male must have completed 21 years and the female 18 years of age.

Fit for Procreation: Neither of party should be unfit for procreation of children.

Prohibited Relationship: Parties should not be within degrees of prohibited relationship as provided in Schedule I; however, if the customs and traditions of the religion of any one of the parties permit so, then it shall be valid.

However, if they are asking for parents, then I suggest you to take advice of a lawyer in this concern.

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    But I want to add here that going for marriage without consent of Parents is not a good idea. Instead of hurrying up, better relax and think once again how you can explain your dilemma to your parents. Let them understand that life can't be good if you both are not allowed to marry. Even though you can get married to someone else, but you both will never see happiness. It will not only ruin your life but will also disturb other's life too. That means, your future partner, your kids from that forced marriage.

Remember, your parents wants to see you happy life long but because of deep rooted traditional values, sometimes they are not able to see things where there is your happiness.

Good luck

+ Post a Comment HERE!