+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

My cat wants me to follow her to her safe place

Advert.

mutka Guest

My cat wants me to follow her to her safe place

Advert.
    Hi,

I have two cats, both are sister. Yesterday, I saw one cat behaving very strange. She wanted me to get inside her house. We have this wooden house specially made for them and they feel safe inside it. My this cat has been trying to literally drag me inside her house. She is not aggressive, and I know that, she is also trying very hard to get other cat / her sister to inside house. I can feel that she is kind of begging me to get her sister and myself to her safe place (their house).

This is actually very strange and first time for me. And why only one cat is doing this ? I searched all over internet and I think I am yet to see any similar incident where cat suddenly wants to take you to her safe house.

She is so much committed to get me inside her safe place that she is no more hiding from my brother otherwise she is afraid of him . It is not that he did any harm and he loves them equally, but this cat avoid his presence (not other one). But now she is not deterred even by his presence. This is really surprising. It is actually making me feel as if some other cat is here instead mine.

Other than this, we had a small rain storm yesterday earlier in the day, but this was not their first one, I need to tell you , both cats are 2 years old, they have seen rain storms already.

We once thought, may be she is sensing something bad and wants us to take shelter along with her but then why not with other cat , she is absolutely normal. Then I thought is it earthquake or something coming , then its been almost a day, nothing happened, not even storm again.

So this thing has puzzled us. Any pet owner, your insight ?

Sweetie
    Sweetie is offline eTI Member
    I think she is just being protective and that is what I can conclude from your explanation. Cats , like humans have distinguished personalities, this could be the reason that your other cat is unaffected while this one is trying to take you to safe house.

Cat being protective is not new. But you said there is no reason for your cat to change all of sudden. I think it is storm which caused cat to get protective. May be this is first time she noticed storm as some threat. Now because she thinks you as part of her family, she is trying to protect you if it happens again.

Unlike dogs where you own them, cats actually owns you, for them you are not master but you are their property which is resourceful , so obviously she is trying to protect her resources from storm. In other but nice words, out of affection for you, she is trying to protect you from threat like storm.

Anuj9045
    Anuj9045 is offline eTI Iron
    Hi Sweeti, can you suggest some good cat breeds in India to have as pets. I don't want costly Persian cats those can't survive heat without proper care. I want to have a cat as pet who looks special but don't need special care.

Admin
    Admin is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuj9045 View Post
    Hi Sweeti, can you suggest some good cat breeds in India to have as pets. I don't want costly Persian cats those can't survive heat without proper care. I want to have a cat as pet who looks special but don't need special care.
    I suggest you to start new topic as this is completely irrelevant to this discussion.
    You may want to read:

Thought of the Moment:
    A community is all about helping each other.

Bhvm
    Bhvm is offline eTI Aluminium
    It could be that the cat just wants to spend more time with you and sleep hugging you.

+ Post a Comment HERE!