+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Windows 10 Taskbar and start menu unresponsive- solution

Advert.

barista Guest

Windows 10 Taskbar and start menu unresponsive- solution

Advert.
    Hello,

I am looking for solution for my problem. I have windows 10 laptop running on intel i5 and 4GB ram. Sometimes my windows 10 taskbar and start menu just stops working, it feels computer is hanged but no, its not. If I use "ALT+TAB" then it works and I can switch between programs. I can also start new program by typing name of program in start menu. I think only mouse is not working on these two locations ie. start menu and taskbar.

But after sometimes they works for a while and next moment they are not working. I can solve problem by restarting my computer and then there is no problem for long time. But without any reason sometimes it comes back and I have to restart this lappy. It is so frustrating to restart laptop in order to make start menu work , it disturb things I am doing and then I have to start all over again because of restart.

Anyone found any solution, I can see lots of solution if I search but all are more hit and trial than actual solution. No one seems to be listing reason for the problem so that I can fix. Anyone with advice or idea about this problem then please let me know.

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    Hi,

Sometimes if a process is stuck in windows, simple restart would fix the problem. You said in your case restart would fix it for a while and then again problem comes back. In that case, I suspect you could have corrupted system files. Repairing them with SFC tool should fix the problem .

Open cmd with administrative privilege , you can do so by :
    Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open the Task Manager. Click on File menu > Run new task. To open a command prompt window, type cmd. Remember to check the Create this task with administrative privileges check-box.

Now in that box, type:

Code:
    sfc /scannow
    Let this process complete, it may take a while and do not close command line (cmd ) window.

Once the process is finished, see if it solve the problem.

Other thing I suggest is
    1. If windows is not updated then make sure its updated to latest build
    2. Also see if you have updated drivers for your hardware.

+ Post a Comment HERE!