+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

ICICI bank Credit card EMI cancellation refund not counted as Payment

Advert.

AfzalZai Guest

ICICI bank Credit card EMI cancellation refund not counted as Payment

Advert.
    Hi,

I recently used myICICI bank credit card to make EMI purchase online but due to some issue I decided not to buy that product any more and cancelled order next day. The order was cancelled and my refund was sent to card . All fine but when I saw the email about the card, it says that although they have received refund but it will not consider as payment .

Here is the actual mail :

We have received merchant credit refund on your ICICI Bank Credit Card XXXXXX for INR XXXX on August 09, 2021 from 6 EMI Amazon.

We wish to inform you that this refund will not be considered as payment. Hence, we request you to pay the Minimum Amount Due by the due date.
    Now that is puzzling, are they not going to cancel my EMI and I am suppose to pay EMI even though its cancelled and refunded by merchant ?

Any idea anyone ?

Aarish Rizvi
    Aarish Rizvi is offline eTI Bronze
    Wait for next statement and you will get the clear picture. However, most of the cards charges 3 to 4 percent foreclosure charges, but technically its not foreclosure as money has been refunded.

If you are worried about charges, then I am sure there won't be any as no money was actually spent. Do let us update when you get your latest credit card bill.

+ Post a Comment HERE!