+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Airtel Mobile Office manual settings on Windows MObile 6.1(ASUS P-527)

Advert.

vivkaps
    vivkaps is offline Just in!

Airtel Mobile Office manual settings on Windows MObile 6.1(ASUS P-527)

Advert.
    Dear All,
    I have a ASUS P-527 ( on Windows Mobile 6.1 Os) with prepaid Airtel connection. I went through dialing *567*1# to activate mobile office and got a sms saying that MO is now activated wait for sms with settings and save those on your phone. Then got a sms saying as your phone does not accept remote setting changes, please contact 121 to get manual settings. 121 is giving me a royal run around as is 12132 and 198. I am stuck quite badly. can anyone help me with these manual settings. even a visit to an Airtel Customer Relations Center did not help-they told me to call 121/ 198!!! ??? > :'(

Admin
    Admin is offline Administrator

Re: Airtel Mobile Office manual settings

(Changed Title to reflect question more clearly)
    You may want to read:

Thought of the Moment:
    A community is all about helping each other.

vipi456
    vipi456 is offline Just in!

Re: Airtel Mobile Office manual settings on Windows MObile 6.1(ASUS P-527)

thanx for sharing

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Mobile office basically works over GPRS, first of all you need to know following things from your customer care:
    APN ie. Access POINT
    IP address and
    PORT number.

Now in your windows mobile you have to configure it.. though for me still it is little confusing but may be I can help you..

Goto > Start --> Settings --> Connections ---> Connections
    It will show your current configured connections, depending upon y0ur settings, I see MY ISP connection with option to "Add a new Modem Connection".

Open it and give any name and select MODEM as "Cellular Line (GPRS)".
    Now Press Next

It will ask for APN, give APM provided by Customer Care.
    Now Press Next

You will be asked to provide username / password etc.. Leave it all blank.
    Now Press ADVANCED :
    If customer care gave you IP address then Select "Use specific IP address" and enter IP address there, also enable Software compression and IP header compression (not compulsory but should improve performance).

else if no IP address provided by customer care or they don't know IP address for mobile office then just let it as it is ie. "Use server assigned IP address".

Press OK and then Press FINISH.

Now again PRESS "Advanced" where it shows all connection list and Press "Select Networks"

Now Under "Program that automatically connect to internet should connect using: "
    Select the account name under which we just configured our modem connection few second ago.

Press "OK" and again "OK" and you are done.

Try your browser in your phone and it should work..

If not then try asking here..

vivkaps
    vivkaps is offline Just in!

Dear Ricky,
    Followed the steps given by you but it did not work. Airtel Customer care is apparently trying for the worst customer experience trophy. They again, when I teach a customer care person ( after about an hour of calling their "Airtel one-to-one 24 hour customer care" lines give me no answer but to say that my call has landed with person xyz by default and that I should call 12132 or 19814 which starts the loop all over again. Even asking directly for the APN, port etc gets no usable response, hence my call for help on this forum.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

For your convenience..
    APN for airtel mobile office is : airtelgprs.com

Try that and let me know!

7. Advert.

Huzefa Guest

how to conect internet service from windows phone to desktop or laptop. As i sync my phone but cant acces net service on my desktop

+ Post a Comment HERE!