Post the first look unveiling of the film ‘Kites’ on May 15th, 2009 at the Cannes Film Festival, BIG Pictures hosted a grand cocktail reception for the ‘Kites’ cast, crew and international buyers and distributors. Thereafter Hrithik Roshan, Barbara Mori, Rakesh Roshan along with Prasoon Joshi walked the red carpet to attend a screening of the Hollywood film ‘Bright Star’ directed by Jane Campion, who Hrithik is a fan of. For the evening, Barbara was dressed in a black Roberto Cavalli gown and Hrithik Roshan sported a tuxedo designed by Anaita Shroff Adajania.

Actually this was not the first time for Jr. Roshan’s on the red carpet but in fact his second time. The first time was actually 14 years ago. Hrithik says, “I was here 14 years ago as an assistant to the Film Federation of India – J Om Prakash, who was also my grandfather. I remember walking the red carpet and got a few glimpses of all the stars and felt pretty insignificant at that time”. Barbara adds, “This is my first time in Cannes. Kites is a beautiful love story and I am so happy to be here with this movie particularly because I feel very proud of it. I am really excited to be in Cannes”.

‘Kites’ also stars Kangana Ranaut, Nick Brown and Kabir Bedi in pivotal roles. ‘Kites’ is being marketed and distributed worldwide by BIG Pictures. The film is being readied for release in the last quarter of 2009. Two versions of the film are being readied. In the international markets, ‘Kites’ will release in the English language version where as in India, the film will release in the Hindi version, which has been shot simultaneously. BIG Pictures is marketing 18 news films at the Cannes Film Festival over and above its vast catalogue of films