The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has extended the deadline for online applications for the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) January 2024 to November 27, 2023. Interested candidates can apply on the official website of CTET or CBSE.

CTET is a national-level exam conducted by CBSE to assess the eligibility of candidates for teaching positions in classes I to VIII. The exam, held twice a year, is mandatory for those aspiring to teach in central government schools like Kendriya Vidyalaya, Navodaya Vidyalaya, and Army schools.

Scheduled for January 21, 2024, the CTET exam consists of two papers—Paper I for classes I to V and Paper II for classes VI to VIII. Candidates can choose to appear for one or both papers. The exam will be held in 20 languages across 135 cities in the country.

Each paper of the CTET exam comprises 150 multiple-choice questions, covering areas such as child development, language I and II, mathematics, environmental studies, social studies, and science. The duration of the exam is two and a half hours, and there is no negative marking.

The exam fee is Rs. 1000 for one paper and Rs. 1200 for both papers for general and OBC candidates, while SC, ST, and differently-abled candidates pay Rs. 500 and Rs. 600, respectively. The fee can be paid online through various modes.

The eligibility criteria differ for Paper I and Paper II. For Paper I, a senior secondary pass with at least 50% marks and completion or pursuit of a relevant diploma is required. For Paper II, a graduation degree with the necessary diploma or degree is necessary.

Qualifying candidates will receive a certificate valid for seven years, allowing them to apply for teaching positions in central and state government schools, as well as private schools.

Candidates are urged to carefully review the CTET information bulletin for details on the syllabus, exam pattern, centers, admit card, result, etc. Regular updates and notifications can be found on the official CTET and CBSE websites.

https://ctet.nic.in/apply-for-ctet-jan2024/