+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

What is PNR status? What are different types of PNR

Advert.

SNEHAYADAV Guest

What is PNR status? What are different types of PNR

Advert.
    Hello there! I am interested in learning about the PNR status concept. Could you please provide me with a detailed explanation of what it entails? Additionally, I am also curious about the various types of PNR. Furthermore, I would like to know the full form of PNR. I am simply trying to grasp the concept better.

sahil saini
    sahil saini is offline eTI Member

Pnr status and its types and meaning

The full form of PNR is Passenger Name Record

PNR Structure: The Passenger Name Record (PNR) in an e-ticket is a 10-digit unique code.

Decoding the First 3 Digits: The initial three digits in the PNR, known as PRS, offer insights into the system used by passengers for booking their train tickets.

The Last 7 Digits: The concluding seven digits of the PNR are randomly generated by the system.

Length of Validity: A PNR remains valid for a maximum of 9 months. Beyond this period, it loses its validity, although the same PNR can be regenerated after a year.

ONE CAN CHECK THE PNR STATUS BY
    1. Visiting the official IRCTC website.
    2. Sending an SMS with your PNR number to 139 or 5676747.
    3. Going to the railway enquiry counters in person.

Checking the final reservation chart posted around three hours before your train leaves.
    Thanks to this easy PNR status check, you can keep tabs on your booking details, live train updates, cancellation info, and berth details without leaving home. Remember, your PNR number is valid for up to 9 months.

Various PNR Status Types and Their Meanings

When it comes to checking your train ticket status, there's a variety of abbreviations that can pop up, each giving you specific information about your booking. Let's break it down:

CNF (Confirmed): This indicates that your ticket is confirmed, and you have a secured seat.

CAN (Cancelled): If you see this, it means the ticket has been canceled.

WL (Waiting List): Your ticket is on a waiting list, and you'll get a seat if there are cancellations.

RAC (Reservation Against Cancellation): You have a seat, but it might be shared with another passenger until a full berth becomes available.

GNWL (General Waiting List): This is a type of waiting list quota.

PQWL (Pooled Quota Waiting List): The chances of confirmation for this status are relatively low.

RLWL (Remote Location Waiting List): Issued for travelers aiming for an intermediate railway station.

TQWL (Tatkal Quota Waiting List): Specifically for Tatkal tickets, with limited chances of confirmation.

NOSB (No Seat Berth): Children aged 5 to 12 can board the train under this status, but no seat is reserved for them.

HOPE YOU GOT YOUR ANSWERS

+ Post a Comment HERE!