+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

HOW CAN I HACK INTO A SECURED WIRELESS NETWORK

Advert.

MY-BOO
    MY-BOO is offline Newbie

Re: HOW CAN I HACK INTO A SECURED WIRELESS NETWORK

Advert.
    i know that hacking is a crime, i'm mearly trying to stop the pple hacking into my network,,, is that a crime too?
    in any case if you cant help me , why do you trouble yourself ji, my network is suposed to be secure, yet i'm quarrelling with my provider every other day about fair use policy, can you understand my dillema?

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Unfortunately I was not able to have my hands on any of the Netgear wireless router. I have few but none of them is from Netgear. So now I need to guide you on generic basis.

We need to implement following security measures in order to secure your wireless LAN.

1. Change your Router's Admin password.
    2. Disable DHCP in router.
    3. Hide SSID
    4. Use one of the available security measure.

1. For changing your Router's Admin password, type following in your browser:
    http//192.168.1.1

It should then ask you give administrative password, if your router is still on company setup then give :
    Username : admin
    Password: password

You should now see whole control panel of your router , from here you can set a everything. You may change your admin password, its like web based control panel, you should be able to locate place where you can change admin password. I can't tell you exact place as I don't remember.

2. In your control panel, there should be a option for "DHCP", you need to disable it. If you disable then you might not be able to use internet next time on computer reboot if your computer is set to get IP address from DHCP.
    Its going to be long process, you need to give static IP address to your computer.
    In your case it should be : IP- 192.168.1.20, Subnet: 255.255.255.0, Gateway: 192.168.1.1, DNS : 192.168.1.1

3. In your router control panel, in wireless settings, it should say something about SSID, change SSID to some work you know and then save it. Also, if available, HIDE SSID.
    (NOTE: If you hide SSID then your network will be invisible, you will be then required to give SSID manually in your computer)

4. In your ROUTER's control panel, goto SETUP ---> WIRELESS Settings --> Security and then select Security method as: WPA-PSK (TKIP), it will then ask you to give "passphrase", its kind of password which will be required to connect to your network.

Save and your network is secured. However, I know that chances are great that you won't be able to do it yourself even after above explanation as every option need back ground knowledge of networking. I suggest you if you know any of the person who is good at networking then ask him to implement measures I suggested, after that no one can use your network without your knowledge.

planetoja
    planetoja is offline eTI Member

ok..u can use backtrack os for hacking wireless BUT only if it is under wep protection.

MY-BOO
    MY-BOO is offline Newbie

Are you gonna make it known or just state the fact?
    We want to know how
    send me a private message if you know how please

sunidhi
    sunidhi is offline eTI Aluminium

hahah yeah hacking is a crime... also ppl should not teach such things...may be after learning javi can miss use it..
    Post Free Ads at Meramaal.com | Voucher Codes India

planetoja
    planetoja is offline eTI Member

Quote Originally Posted by MY-BOO
    Are you gonna make it known or just state the fact?
    We want to know how
    send me a private message if you know how please

if u r asking me..
    then answer is:- i am just givin u idea from which software or os u can break the wireless..so now i gave u the name backtrack..just google it..and u will come to know..what is it all that.

7. Advert.

MY-BOO
    MY-BOO is offline Newbie

RICKY thank you for your help, although i dont have any bg in networking i never dwell much on my limitations, it has worked, thank you very very much

+ Post a Comment HERE!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12