+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Australian Indians blame Indian students for being attacked.

Advert.

Pluto
    Pluto is offline eTI Iron

Australian Indians blame Indian students for being attacked.

Advert.
    Racist Australians? No, Indians students are blamed
    9 Jun 2009, 0811 hrs IST, IANS

ndian students in Australia are to be blamed for getting attacked - this seems to be the belief of many Indians prospering in Australia. In a flurry of e-mails from Down Under, it is made out that the Indian students invite these vicious attacks upon themselves.

The Australia-Indian community leaders and their religious/social welfare organisations have hardly issued any strong statements against these racist attacks.

During the recent Melbourne protest, hardly any older Australian-Indians turned up to show their solidarity with the Indian students even as the students cried themselves hoarse demanding justice. In fact, some white Australians were seen carrying placards to support them. Reports in the Indian media stated that these well-settled Australian-Indians do not want these events to affect their cushy life or tarnish their relations with whites.

These racial attacks have continued for the last two or three years with a growing number of them now directed at Indian students whose numbers have swelled to about 97,000.

Did the local Indians take any individual or community action to prevent these ugly attacks? On the contrary, when the recent spate of brutal assaults by Australian hooligans hit the headlines, they were quick to point out the reasons emanating from the students.

According to e-mails from Australia, Indian students allegedly do not know English, they display their expensive gadgets like mobiles, laptops and iPods; play loud music, talk loudly in their native tongues, live up to 15 in rooms rented for four persons, make their accommodation filthy, come out to their compounds in their underwear to urinate in the open and display innumerable other uncouth habits loathed by Australians. No wonder they are attacked, say the e-mails.

Many students are frustrated when they find that their colleges are run by Australian-Indian 'crooks'. "When they go to their class, they find that all the students are from India, and the teacher teaches them in Hindi/Punjabi. They realise that they could have received a better education at a fraction of the cost and without the problems and pains (in India). Many of our people have opened educational institutions as on-line licensing was so easy here. These people cheated the system by supplying false information. Now many of such colleges face closure, further putting strain on students who have paid so much money to study there," said one such e-mail.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/4634087.cms

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Re: Australian Indians blame Indian students for being attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Pluto
    Racist Australians? No, Indians students are blamed
    9 Jun 2009, 0811 hrs IST, IANS

According to e-mails from Australia, Indian students allegedly do not know English, they display their expensive gadgets like mobiles, laptops and iPods; play loud music, talk loudly in their native tongues, live up to 15 in rooms rented for four persons, make their accommodation filthy, come out to their compounds in their underwear to urinate in the open and display innumerable other uncouth habits loathed by Australians. No wonder they are attacked, say the e-mails.
    This is Crap,these emails are speculated just to manipulate the truth. I am not denying that some might do exactly as said above but not all are similar, likewise if there are some creeps then there are good one also. And why to forget the fact that Indians are going among Ozeez but not Ozeez among Indians, so It is Indian those are supposed to follow their way of Living.

And economic Times is publishing it .. Moreover, clearly mentioned that Australian-Indians do not want to indulge on all this issue just to not to disturb their cushy life over there then why to send such crap emails.. If they don't want to interfere then why talking this non-sense.

Pluto

The problem is, ( I noticed ), Indians generally are oblivious of their surroundings.
    I have seen in Mumbai and Hyderabad, the people will keep their house clean, the door step clean, But they do not hesitate to throw their domestic rubbish right out of the
    front door onto the road.

So you have personal cleanliness and orderliness but when it comes to civic responsibilities, it is a big zero for Indians, as you can see the conditions of the roads and sidewalks in all cities in India. Littering is a permanent habit. Consideration for fellow citizen and surroundings
    are almost absent.

Two years ago, I remember watching CNN,,where the Indian and Pakistan foreign ministers are giving an official press conference. While the Pakistani FM was dressed in impeccable suit and style, his Indian counterpart was not...and to cap it all, he was chewing something
    ( Pan ? ) with his mouth going open and shut while the Pakistan FM was speaking to the press reporters and cameras, standing next to him. The Indian FM was totally oblivious of his surroundings. !

This apparent habit is not appreciated in many countries.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Regarding Indian FM on that occasion, I can just say that who don't even know how to represent himself, how will he represent India. Anyways, that is the sadest thing and we all know that we dont have right kind of people a required place. We talk this often on eTI.

Regarding littering, well, I say that Indians are not that way because they want to be, at my place, though it is one of the important housing area of my city but still no proper garbage collection is there, as a responsible citizen, I tried to find a place where we can dispose daily garbage, but no gain, even had issue with few people who were disposing garbage in corner of public park, well I saved that corner of park but then that garbage moved to another corner on the other side of road, finally we hired few people who comes daily and collect garbage and dispose somewhere in outer areas (still I know they are not disposing properly).

So, why the hell one will pollute his surroundings if we have proper garbage collection in place. Everybody wants to keep surrounding clean, so one have to compromize with keeping clean atleast one's own house.

I want to add that we have Municipal Garbage box or whatever there but one in 1 KM radius.. rather more, is it practical.

So, as said, if you have a litter box nearby then why you will through garbage in open ? Same goes for Indians in Australia, I dont' say that all are good but majority of them surely know how to use litterbox. So, seeing one Indian not using litterbox is not a conclusion to blame whole community out there.

In short, no one likes dirty surroundings, if they have proper infrastructure at their disposal then 99% people use it. 1% are always nonesense.

Pluto

your argument that one bad apple does not make all the others bad is understandable. But the fact is, there is a saying. WHEN IN ROME, DO AS ROMANS DO. So if one is in Australia, or any other developed nation, try and maintain
    the decorum that society is used to. and if you travel on the public metros in Sydney and Melbourne, you can regularly see 'someone' always talking loudly on the hand fone, oblivious of his surroundings. It is something which the Australians view as very inconsiderate and hate. The same is true in France and Germany and other European nations.

In one S.E Asian nation, well known for its cleanliness and discipline, the largest percentage of people made to pay hefty fines (140 USD ), for littering are Indians.

sportfree
    sportfree is offline eTI Iron

Australians have always been racist and now Indian Austarlians have also started taking their side!Pathetic!!

7. Advert.

constantoo
    constantoo is offline Newbie

we indians for the where ever we go and stay there problem arises..
    malasia srilanka australia every where

funboy
    funboy is offline Newbie

what ever it may be, but the Australian goverment has protect all Indian

doctor rehman Guest

no language in the world has a difinite definition for right and wrong or dirty or ugly or beautiful,these are comaparative definitions.and it is not true that all australians throw their garbage right into the dust bins and clean their homes everyday,so blaming a person for his poor hygine or ulgy looks or lack of social sense is not what we are born for,i am a muslim by religion but i dont believe in god but i believe in truth and justice. but i believe in few things which appeal to me which are written in kuran it says the person who looks at the bad side of people he is like a house fly,coz a fly sits on dirty stuff, and i also admire hitler a lot not because i am a racist skin head but for the fact that he was a true patrot who loved his country,but hitler advocated for the survival of the fittest but he condenmed racial mixing it has been proved beyond doubt by science that race mixing could help in erasing recissive genes causing deseases therby making the future race superior,why america is a the most pwerful nation today it is a pool where different races mix,we have to work hard if the indians pose a challenge to the australians by snatching their jobs and the australians think that it would be better to bully them off their country,then that is a very petty act that itself proofs which race is superior,i am not advocating for any race but these are the facts,what is jihad?is it a religeos crime??well what will happen if an aussie goes to america and say a group of blacks rape and kill his wife and children leaving him alive just ask urselves if something like that happens to one of u regardless of ur nationality or religion what would you do,so its the same thing an indian boy was killed in australia just think about his family wont they have hate for the australians and believe me these kinds of hare crimes are a major problem that are being face by the world today,i have studied british,americans,germans,russians and have found that in countries like australia ,russia and yugoslavia,people have gone back to the dark ages what i call this is a tecnologically advanced dark age where people have to fight everyday its something like a jungle in a city where people are like group of tribal animals,i have seen that aborigines attack aussie red necks but the stupid aussie red neck forms a skin head gang to fight back the aborgines what they forget is that if the police and the law did their job in the fisrt place no such attacks would have taken place and yes if they dont like indians there is no need to fight them on the streets all you have to do is to ask your governament to stop giving them visas ,ur governament officials and the police dont do their job and you blame the indians for it this is stupid.

+ Post a Comment HERE!