+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Speaking the local language- bliss or burden?

Advert.

Farida H B
    Farida H B is offline eTI Iron

Speaking the local language- bliss or burden?

Advert.
    In the recent times we have seen the importance of speaking local languages. Be it Marathi, Gujrati, Kannada or Tamil. Everyday the newspaper has some incident or the other regarding the same, recent one being to make Kannada the primary language in the school (Bangalore, Karnataka).

Well for one thing, I am all in for learning a new language. I would definitely encourage my child to do so. But when the language that is used as a means of communication between two people, becomes the reason of fights and misunderstandings, that’s when I call it a halt. After all, why do we speak? To get across our message to the other person. Well that, a one year old child to can do and that to without using words. We are not children, right, absolutely, then why behave like them. Why cannot we act like adults and get to the root of a problem. One has to understand that forcing someone and making it mandatory is not the answer to any problem. Because we are unable to speak a language, we might just not be able to be accepted in that city. I know for one, when ever I visit Chennai, it is a headache, as they only know Tamil. And if you go there you should have a resident of Chennai along with you as a must or should know the local language. Another thing that I have gone through is with the auto rickshaws, one asked us to go back to Pakistan, why because we weren’t speaking in Kannada (local language). I replied back saying that Kannada is the local language, but Hindi is the national language, I may be accepted anywhere in India or the world, but what about you. You are stuck up in one place only. Change your thinking .

Now similar is the situation happening in schools. Forcing the child may just lead him to dislike the language. Hence a different approach should be undertaken. I read once about a person who knew 26 languages and the beauty of it was that if he spoke in say Hindi, he spoke with such mastery that people thought that this person knows nothing other than Hindi.

I believe that it is a necessity to learn the local language, but also an advantage. India is a beautiful country with many religions and traditions. We are also considered as intellectuals and there is a high demand for the Indian mind. Learning something new does wonders to our mind, keeping it sharp and focused. The way one approaches a situation is what matters.

Regards,
    Farida H B
    Get your Handwriting Analysed : Worldofhandwriting.com

sunidhi
    sunidhi is offline eTI Aluminium

Re: Speaking the local language- bliss or burden?

wow.. very nicely written?
    Post Free Ads at Meramaal.com | Voucher Codes India

Sawaal
    Sawaal is offline eTI Member

Nice Share Farida .

I have heard so many things about Autoriksha of south that I am afraid to go there as like you I donno Tamil and I heard that they are discriminative on the basis of language.

And thats my 10th post

Farida H B

ya i do agree sawaal, but tamil is a beauty language. where are u from? May be u can visit chennai after learning Tamil. It will be an added incentive

Bhvm
    Bhvm is offline eTI Aluminium

We indians are blessed as we are Born in Place with so much variety and so many languages.
    No doubt, indians are preffered as speakers for their Fluent languages all over the world.
    Knowing many languages trains our tounge and makes it extensively adaptable.

I already know 6 languages very fulently, and the count can be increased to 8 after considering Less-fluent ones.

Farida H B

Very impressed Bhvm, Yes lerning something new keeps your mind refreshed as well. 8 languages is very remarkable I must say.

7. Advert.

kammy
    kammy is offline eTI Copper

i want to learn tamil any guidence?
    kamal

nupur.
    nupur. is offline eTI Copper

Very Nice post Farida !

@ Farida -Yes we should learn local language so that we can easily adjust in that place and can understand people and their nature...

@ Bhvm - you doing great . Six languages you already know..Are u fluent in all of them or you know few ??

@ Kamal - I know little bit tamil language

Vanakam - Nameste - hello
    Yeppadi irrukringe - Kaise ho - How are u ?
    Nalla irrukire - Main teek hun - I M fine !
    Na unne kadalarikaren - Main tumse pyar karti hun -I love U

Rest i forgot...hhehehhehe

Bhvm

Quote Originally Posted by nupur.

@ Bhvm - you doing great . Six languages you already know..Are u fluent in all of them or you know few ??

@ Kamal - I know little bit tamil language

Vanakam - Nameste - hello
    Yeppadi irrukringe - Kaise ho - How are u ?
    Nalla irrukire - Main teek hun - I M fine !
    Na unne kadalarikaren - Main tumse pyar karti hun -I love U

Rest i forgot...hhehehhehe

As smooth as Hot knife in Butter for those 6... Rest 2, I need help or a dictionary...

An average Indian anyways knows 3 languages basically (eg. Hindi, English, Marathi....), so i don't find anything surprising Indians are in great demand

nupur.

hmm

I lives in Delhi and know many local language.. Not fluently but yes I can answer there questions in their languages.

Hindi English - everyone knows

Rest I can speak - Punjabi, Haryanvi, Bihari, Rajesthani, Tamil (Little bit) , Spanish and french ( Little bit) .

Farida H B

Woh Nupur, Thts great, Infact you will have a blast everywhere u go and be able to watch many local lang. movies to. I recommend tamil ones. They are too good!!

nupur.

Ya in Delhi almost every one ( except outsider) speaks more than 2 languages.

Tamil Movie ?? Haha ha ha ha

Don't know whether i m able to understand because in movie they talk fast so its difficult to understand every word or sentence.

sarkar
    sarkar is offline eTI Iron

well having the ability to speak multiple languages shows how quick you are at learning..

Can anyone add there experience what made them learn to speak different languages, for instance you lived at that place for few years or you have friend that taught you that lang or some other reason..??

Bhvm

Anyone here wants to practice Spanish?

nupur.

You know Spanish? .. Me too know but little bit .. We really glad if teach us

+ Post a Comment HERE!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast