Food for the Soul

My family and I went to a hotel on Saturday night. It was a posh hotel and the service and food there was excellent and so were the prices. It clicked me that this variety of food we would have got anywhere and my mother would have gladly prepared a mouthwatering recipe had we asked her. But no, we wanted to go out and have a thrill, which by the way is not at all wrong, we all need to recreate our energies. But had we asked them to go to a seminar or watch an inspirational movie or read a book, some members would have disappeared or started murmuring something.

When we can feed our tummy with the best food on the offering for the sake of our body, then why not our mind that creates the wonders in our life? The same is true in case of buying clothes or gifts for friends or going out on a holiday. We are spending money here as well and on something that would not last us for a life time. But the food that we’d feed our mind would.

If you were to eat excessively or something that had gone bad, the immediate effect would be on your body. For which you would take the required measures, like eating appropriately or going to a doctor or taking advice of someone who knows your situation and acting on it. Similarly when we feed our minds with positive thoughts, the result is positive and negative thoughts too would come back to haunt your life in some way or the other. The best way would be eliminate them from our minds completely thinking of them as allergy causing substances. You wouldn’t eat something that wouldn’t suit you now, would you?

How do we know if something is not suiting us?

Yes that’s a very basic question and there are many answers to the questions. One of which I have applied in my life is of Grapho-therapy. That is to change the handwriting scientifically in order to change your thoughts and in the process change your life. I was hooked at it from the beginning. But as usual I wanted proof, so I practiced one of the traits in my handwriting for at least 15 days. I saw small changes, very small ones, that only I could experience and so I decided to practice further. I kept on till I saw visible changes in myself from a bigger angle. People started commenting on it as well. Today I am grateful to the almighty to give me a tonic at the right time. My life has taken on a new path and has new meaning to it. I feel like a different person and my mother was the only one who supported me through out this process. Because everybody else were simply not interested and wanted me to quit. Today I see just those people who queue up in order to ask me questions and to give my example to their kids. I did it because it was in my blood. It was something that I wanted to do badly. It was my passion. Similarly is their something in your life that would get you out of your bed at 3 in the morning fully excited? If not then look out for that passion in you. Your life will never be the same again.

I feel that change is the only thing constant in life, why not change for the better? After all you wont were a shirt you bought forever will you, you will discard it after a while an shop for a new one. Happy Shopping for your mind food.
Regards,
Farida H B