TIP: How to restore Printers to the Default Settings

Advert.

nupur.
    nupur. is offline eTI Copper

TIP: How to restore Printers to the Default Settings

Advert.
    Before to do the procedure let me introduce with printer features:-
    There is 4 kind of printer –

1) Printers without led’s and buttons – Such printer do not have Led’s and buttons on it except start button ( in this We cann’t change the Settings means No factory settings)

2) Printer having led’s – such printer having led’s and buttons on it

3) Printer having Flex Control panel – Such printer having Control panel with all easy buttons on it with led’s.

4) Printer those having Classic Control Panel - Such printer having minimum buttons and a control panel on it.

Some time for several reasons we have to restore default our Printer like mobile phone –

Some Reasons Why we required Restore Default of Printers:-

1) When printer setting get changed.
    2) When printer not printer properly
    3) When printer IP Address get changed
    4) When Printer do not stop printing documents
    5) When Printer stop working etc.

[b]There is Four Ways how can we Restore Default the printer Settings:-[b]

1) Soft Reset
    2) Restore Default
    3) NVRAM initialization
    4) Super NVRAM initialization

=> Soft Reset --- Press Menu key of the Printer --- then simultaneously press * ( star) and # ( Hash) key then --- Printer Display message like Developers Menu ---- Press enter and scroll to ---- Re-initialization FFS--- Then Press Enter--- It will Soft Reset the Printer Setting..
    [Note- This soft reset can be done in Flex Control panel printers}

=> Restore Default - Press Menu key in the printer ---- Then go to services for scrolling the select key--- then press enter --- then scroll again and go to Default Reset ---- then Press enter --- it will save your printer settings to the factory default.
    [Note- This Restore default can be done in Flex and Classic Control panel printers]

=> NVRAM – Switch off the printer ---- then Press & Hold *( star) and Enter key )----- Then Switch on the Printer---- Do not release the printer key until it show you Permanent Unit Storage---- After showing the Permanent unit storage release the key and then enter --- it show you page 1---- then press enter again.
    [Note- This can be done I both flex and Classic Control panel]

=> Super NVRAM- Switch off the Printer ---- then Press and hold the * ( star) and Number 5 (five) key --- Switch on the printer ----press and hold the key until it show you message like Permanent Unit Storage—after showing this message release the keys and --- Press enter--- it will show you to select language--- Select language English with Select or scroll key—then it will ask you to select location ---- select Location ( country name) – then enter --- then it will show you page 1 message --- then again Enter .
    [Note- This can be done I both flex and Classic Control panel]

=> Printer those having LED panels --- Switch off the Printer --- Press and hold the start key or Enter key--- then switch on the printer --- so no release the key until 3 of the printer light get stable ( the lights will stable for a 2-3 seconds only) --- then release the key ---- It will restore the settings of the printer.

*Note - Super NVRAM can reset the Printer Serial number too.. So So not try it until when you tried with other 3 steps of Restore default but before doing this please make a note of your printer Serial Number

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Re: TIP: How to restore Printers to the Default Settings

I hardly deal with printing and printers but I hope people who really need it will surely get benefited from your post Nupur. !

planetoja
    planetoja is offline eTI Member

Re: TIP: How to restore Printers to the Default Settings

thank u for the info..i am gonna save it in doc and use it whenever necessary..

+ Post a Comment HERE!