Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Art of Appreciation

Advert.

Farida H B
    Farida H B is offline eTI Iron

The Art of Appreciation

Advert.
    The Art of Appreciation

Appreciation is a commodity which is very essential in the human life. From small to old, all thrive on it. When it is given without any ulterior motives, the quality of the feeling increases. The recipient of these two words of appreciation looks and feels different. He feels on the 7th heaven.

Usually we see that people try to catch someone doing something wrong. They are on the constant lookout for it. When someone is doing something like that, how can one work comfortably and give out his best?
    Today the subject of employee motivation and employee welfare is seen in every newspaper. Why , because they realize that people work best when they are made to feel good. So how do you do that?

Well first and foremost who ever you are and in what ever field, Catch somebody do something right. Yes watch out for the good work your juniors are doing says the author of “The One Minute Manager”. Then you go towards them and say in exact words what you like about the work that was performed. This makes the person realize that you value there work and they will strive for excellence every time they perform. Take the eg. Of a one year old child. When the child does something well, we clap with happiness, the young one notices this keenly and the next time when they do the same thing, unlike the older and wiser adults, they look at you , clap their hands and make you clap yours as well. Self motivating themselves. When you praise them and do as they want, the happiness on their sweet little faces goes directly to your heart. That’s the magic of appreciating and being appreciated as well.

Now look at this forum in eTI that we write for. I see keenly that some members have this fantastic habit of commenting on the posts made. You write something, people read it, but when they comment the level of motivation changes immediately.

Let us to be amongst people whom our juniors will look up to. Let us cultivate the art of appreciating when we see a job well done. You never know what a world of good your few sentences will do. And what do we have to lose in the bargain?

If we have new and positive ways of expression, then we can create new realities.
    Regards,
    Farida H B.
    Get your Handwriting Analysed : Worldofhandwriting.com

Admin
    Admin is offline Administrator

Re: The Art of Appreciation

Thank you Farida for this nice writeup. I have moved it to "Editorial Section" .
    You may want to read:

Thought of the Moment:
    A community is all about helping each other.

sunidhi
    sunidhi is offline eTI Aluminium

Hey you rightly said farida.. Appreciation just creates wonders in each and every walk of life. it really motivates to do one a wonderful job..
    Post Free Ads at Meramaal.com | Voucher Codes India

nupur.
    nupur. is offline eTI Copper

Good Post Farida .. you are true Appreciation always accelerate towards Success .

Farida H B

I am glad U liked the post Nupur

SKmanoj
    SKmanoj is offline Just in!

This is what i wanted all the MNC company's to do . And I want all those company's management to read this post. Thank you for this wonderful post

7. Advert.

Farida H B

You are most welcome Manoj. When you want someone to read what you have just read and also make them take notice of it, just take a printout of that thing and paste it on your wall where they can easily read it. That way you make them curious enough to read what is stuck there + get across your message as well.

sunidhi

hahah good idea farida.. i already posted it in my cubical.. and lots of ppl liked it.. thanks to you on every ones behalf..

Farida H B

Most welcome sunidhi. Glad to be of help

sunidhi

ohh yeah...also see if u can write any article on leadership..

Farida H B

Sure sunidhi, may i know what else madam wants me to do.
    Good idea though, will keep it in mind

sunidhi

well ill surely give u topics which are useful in office environment for every one. i love motivating quotes.. do u have any?

Farida H B

ya I do as a matter of fact. Will let u have them

Sbs
    Sbs is offline eTI Member

Well done, Farida... a new thread, but a most wanted one, in any sphere of life appreciation appreciates like nothing else!
    Yeah! what do we lose... It's a win win situation
    I have worked in four different countries with different ethnic compositions and a few words of appreciation makes the
    doubtful eyes open up in glee and need I say I was granted a ready smile when I go with my next request?!

It's an art and it can be practiced by anybody with a little concern for others...bury your ego and nonchalance for
    your fellow human being...Ah! there you are ready to appreciate!

Farida H B

Hi Sbs,
    Pretty good thinking you have. I am sure you will most certainly excel in this art.

Regards,
    Farida H B

+ Post a Comment HERE!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast