+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Asia's Serious Environment Problem

Advert.

chenyu
    chenyu is offline Just in!

Advert.

Asia's economic progress comes at the expense of the environment. The industry economy grows quickly; but pollution becomes more serious. Unfortunately, the great majority of people here are insensitive to the pollution.

China is imitating the West's high pattern of consumerism. Chinese hope per a people owning private car and Motorcycle,living big and big house. Consuming large power source as Western nations do. The Chinese government is making effort to realize this aim.“human congestion, cars screeching and high rise flats going up.this Is political achievement". China is producing large cars and motorcycles, large cement and brick.Exploiting large coal mines and oil field, large ore mines. Building large multi-story buildings and huge highway construction patterns. Enlarging blindly more and more area of cities and towns land. Large areas of land are damaged by the exploitation of natural resources.

Car and motorcycle traffic is increasing greatly. The population in China is multitudinous"1400000000".is five times as the population of the US. China is short of cultivated land. in spite of this case,The Chinese government is developing the private car industry greatly, new highway construction will take up large areas of land. Traffic accidents increased greatly. In 2003 200,000 people died in traffic accidents in China.

Building development is in mass confusion. Building technique is primitive and building in consuming large amounts of materials. In 2003 China poured 44% of the world's cement. Building a house will consume more amounts of cement brick and decorative colorful brick in China than The Western Nation. But these houses make little use of insulation letting heat flow out in the winter and letting the heat in during the hot summer months. House repairs are more difficult, too.chinese concerns beauty of own house very much,but chinese don't concern about environment round the house.they spend large money on their own house,but they are stingy in cost of the environment around their house.

Garbage removal is primitive.chinese don't know Garbage classification.waste plastic bags is visible everywhere. The Chinese people like to use plastic bags and batteries just once and then throw them away.china government pay great attention to beauty of city.they afford large money in images structure of city.but they pay little attention to garbage classification.large amounts of garbage is made by large consumption.

River is polluted by chemical fertilizer,pesticide,herbicides,chemical synthetic detergent(washing powders),industry waste water,human excrement and urine,garbage.waste water excrement and urine flow directly into river without any sanitation practices.the most river in china is unsuitable for drinking.many china people is harmed by drinking water in polluted river.

Education in protecting environment is blank. People's understanding and concept of protecting the environment is quite low. China's people are poor, but they are not frugal.Chinese are concerned the beauty of house but don't concerned the beauty of environment,Chinese are concerned about their own health but don't care about environmental health. They like to inject and swallow more medicines,eat more wild animals, but they don't realize that the polluted food, water and air is threatening their health greatly.

The population in China is multitudinous, 1.4 billion(perhaps 1.5 billion)people, five times the population of the US. China is short of cultivated land. The actual situation demands that China doesn't imitate the West's high consumption. China should develop electronic information consumption. Should develop economizing energy industries. If not, the Chinese would ruin their own environment,in further more, affect the global environment.

The Asia don't realize that pollution is their most dangerous enemy.
    --------------------------------------------------
    I like green. like science. like internet. I adore a life which is simple but rich in spirit. oppose high consumption

----------------------------- --------------------
    name:chenyu.
    ADDRESSeople hospital.huangchuan County.henan Province.china. code:465150
    My hot post:http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/viewthr...extra=page%3D1
    My homepage:http://blog.ifeng.com/1244026.html
    telephone:008613598583618

chenyu

Can China's rivers be used as people's drinking water resource?

Can polluted water still be used as drinking water resource?

It is so uncomfortable to drink tap water processed from the river. When I pick up the glass, I smell a smelly odor mixed with chlorine taste, which makes me feel sick. Especially in drought season, when the tap water is turbidity green, the taste is even unpleasant, let alone wash the face. Surprisingly, I have put up with the circumstances for thirty years.

Qualified units in my county, such as the County Government , the Public Security Bureau, the Electric Bureau and the Environmental Protection Agency, have started deep underground phreatic water. Many schools, hospitals and factories also have their own deep wells. It's said that the deepest well is in the Environmental Protection Agency, which is more than 300 meters deep. Because they know the extent of river pollution more clearly. Only common people who don't have access to the well water suffer most.(Conditional units use underground water and Conditional cities use reservoir water.)

My county is located in the upper reaches of the Huaihe River in Dabie Mountain . In the seventies, eighties and nineties, there are fertilizer plant, printing and dyeing mill, paper mill in my county, which were backward in technology and caused serious pollution. In the late nineties, printing and dyeing mill went bankrupt, paper mill was forced to shut down, leaving only the fertilizer (wastewater beltway over and flow into the river downstream to pollute the environment of the lower reaches of the city).Then river pollution wasn’t so bad. However, a large-scale livestock breeding and processing "+ +" group,(whose development stimulated the economy of my county so that the manager didn’t pay attention to the County at all) let its livestock manure sewage discharged directly into the upper reaches of the river. This makes ordinary people suffer a lot for the water distributed unpleasant smell. In the summer of 2006,the river pollution reached the peak. A large number of small dead fish ponded the river, the entire river is green manureand and the manure odor distributed. The masses have strong opinions for they can’t wash the face and clothes any more. Not until the County intervene for himself in 2007 was the situation better. I have asked the plant personnel, why not control pollution. They said: Aquaculture industry on small profit margins while pollution control costs are high. We lack sewage treatment technologies but the relevant units of the country does not give technical support. What’s more, fines can also solve the tense funding problem of the Environmental Protection Agency. Why best of both worlds?

This is just industrial pollution, agricultural pollution and domestic wastewater pollution is also very serious in my county. These years, large-scale use of chemical fertilizer and pesticide herbicide makes the water quality in rural areas generally Santanghu Eutrophication and the diversity of aquatic plants seriously damaged so that water self-purification ability is poor and water color is extremely turbid. The large-scale use of detergent in the family and the direct discharge of the wastewater in daily life also cause great pollution to the river.

Pollution is not only in my home county but also in other parts of China . Last year, I went to Beijing from Huangchuan County of Henan Province by car along the Beijing-Kowloon line. I can never see a relatively clean river except that the trunk water of the Huaihe source in Xinyang City is clearer. Many small rivers can simply be described as the sewage ditch. I have drunk the tap water of Zhengzhou and Shanghai City , thick lysol odor (disinfected with hypochlorite) mixed with bitter odor, is more unpleasant to drink. But after long-term consumption, the taste system will adapt to it.

I remember when Premier Wen answered reporters in the NPC session in March in 2006, when the reporter of Taiwan News Press Agency said,” I want to talk about the environmental pollution problems. As we all know, China is a country based on science and technology. However, 17,857 tons of garbage is made every day. Each person makes 1.28 kilograms per day. What’s more, the refuse emissions rise by 10%. I am from Shanghai , the yellow tap water there is simply not to eat. No matter how well the industry develops, if people have the drinking water problem, Premier, your great achievement may come to nothing.” Premier Wen answered,” You get a voice with great courage and your question is very important. Indeed, environmental pollution has become a major problem in the development of China . This issue has not been resolved so far. According to the "Tenth Five-Year Plan", we have completed most of the indicators . But frankly speaking, environmental indicators haven’t been completed.

On the one hand, people complain and moan about polluted rivers. On the other hand, people are ignorant about environmental protection. Disposable batteries and plastic bags are used in large numbers. The washing machine is filled with highly concentrated detergents in order to wash a few bits of clothing. The gleaming shirt is then put on with a contented smile without ever noticing the thick churning chemically harmful foam flowing towards our drinking water. People are concerned about the beauty of the house rather than the beauty of the environment. People skimp and save to pay for the house decorating but not knowing whether it does harm to the environment and health or uses up natural resources. People pay attention to their own health but not to the quality of the environment. People are excessively dependent on medicine, qigong and mountain game for better health but not knowing that polluted food, water and air are its enemy. The common people has low environmental awareness. The officials come from the people, so their awareness of the environment protection is also not high. ““Congested humans, screeching cars and high -rise flats are my political achievements. Who can hear the earth crying?” is the true reflection of their thinking. Really, now in China , the ordinary people have poor quality in environmental protection. No one understands green consumerism and environmental education waits for action which at present is almost equal to nothing. How many people can understand mainland China ’s cries!

People's ignorance of environmental protection, environmental protection’s scarcity in science and technology and the lack of management systems have severely restricted our country's environmental protection cause. It seems that in solving the problem of water pollution, China still has a long way to go.

chenyu

Re: Asia's Serious Environment Problem

Where does the human excrement flow in the city? Actually all the human excrement flow into rivers in china city. Can the depostion pool(septic tank) save excrement?

In china's every residence, the excrement and the waste water flow into the depostion pool(septic tank) beside house through the household drainage pipe. The exits of depostion pools connect with the public larger drainage pipe in city. The exits of city public big drainage pipe lead to rivers. This is the common style of dealing with excrement, urine, and waste water in china city.

The only installation in dealing with excrement and waste water is the depostion pool beside residence in china city. Can it collect excrement or prevent excrement from going into river? If we count according to the volume of the depostion pool, we would found the depostion pool will be filled up with excrement in one or two monthes. But, in fact, most of the depostion pools are never dealt with during ten years or twenty years.

Now. I will dissect the use of the depostion pools. Every day there is much waste water and excrement flowing into the depostion pool. On flowing into the depostion pool, most of excrement quickly resolves from lumps to wadding, and is suspended in the pool. Then the excrement and waste water flowing into the city public big drainage pipe.(the washing water scour them out,or say:the washing water bring most of the excrement into the the public larger drainage pipe from the tank.) At last they flow into river. The use of the depostion pool is only changing the excrement from lumps to wadding, so that they don't block up the city's public big drainage pipe. It doesn't work for collecting excrement. And it is just the midway station when the excrement flows into river.

There are 500 million people in china's cities, and there is much excrement in the cities everyday. If all the excrement is provided to farmers as fertilizer at least it can be used for 100 million mil farmland. Because of lacking fertilizer, many farmers still buy it. Now the excrement is wasted and flows into rivers to pollutes our drinking water.

So, I advise that the relevant departments of the city goverment should forbid that the depostion pools connect with the public drainage pipe in city. We shouldn't lead the excrement to rivers, we should collect the excrement in depostion pools regularly and send them to farmers as fertilizer. The works of collecting the excrement would make many new jobs for people out of job too.

chenyu

Re: Asia's Serious Environment Problem

making a progress , or making a Devil

2009.04.24 Day, I and the well-known environmental protection volunteer Yelan visited the vast landfill pit in Huangchuan,it covers 100 acres area of land, with a strong shock to me:I could not expect my hometown Huangchuan has so much garbage the annual. Yelan tell me:the landfill is a standard landfill, the bottom of the vast pit is covered with impermeable plastic, near the bottom have a pipeline leading to the sediment pool, in fact, the garbage water out of the pit bottom is very difficult handled. because the garbage water contain the complex pollution elements , At present, the vast majority of cities are adopting this method to solve garbage.

When the garbage landfill pit is full,the top of the huge garbage pile will be covered by soil or sands.the garbage pit is the second landfill pit,the first landfill pit had been full already and been covered by soil.

However, this solution to garbage can not eliminate the waste, only bring the garbage from one location to another, simply buried out. Huangchuan town is clean, but here is dirty , here has become a public toilet of the entire Huangchuan County in fact . Impermeable plastic would eventually is aging and rupture , it is actually buried a time bomb in the surrounding region, perhaps break out at any time,

the best solution is to proceed from the source, reduce the one-time items and merchandise's surface packaging, as well as waste separation. Waste recycling. However, in this area my china do less.nearby the huge garbage pit ,some people in tattered clothing are picking useful waste for saleing them , they actually contribute in waste reduction, however, their conduct lack of government support, but despised by the society, really sad !

Yelan say:social progress, economic development, the environment in the back, and ecological deterioration.

I am also feeling:the more economic development,the more consumption , the more deterioration of the environment, ecology is more bad. what are we actually going? whether Human is making a progress , or is making the Devil who destroying the earth, the human is going into confused and crazy in economic development, possessed seizing and destroying the beautiful earth where human survival and reproduction . No order of mass production, No order of mass consumption, is a large malignant tumor of the world's environment .

+ Post a Comment HERE!