Smoking: Ill effects on your body, and ways to quit smoking

On every packet of cigarette, the government has made it mandatory to put a sign,’ Cigarette smoking is injurious to health.' Lets find out how, the effect it has on he body and why it is beneficial to all to quit smoking.

Every year hundreds of thousands of people around the world die from diseases caused by smoking - Smoking KILLS. The mixture of nicotine and carbon monoxide in each cigarette you smoke temporarily increases your heart rate and blood pressure, straining your heart and blood vessels. This can cause heart attacks and stroke. It slows your blood flow, cutting off oxygen to your feet and hands. Some smokers end up having their limbs amputated. Tar coats your lungs like soot in a chimney and causes cancer. Smoking causes disease and is a slow way to die. The strain of smoking effects on the body often causes years of suffering. Emphysema is an illness that slowly rots your lungs. People with emphysema often get bronchitis again and again, and suffer lung and heart failure.Lung cancer from smoking is caused by the tar in tobacco smoke. Men who smoke are ten times more likely to die from lung cancer than non-smokers. Women who smoke take longer to conceive and are more likely to have a miscarriage.Babies born to mothers who smoked in pregnancy are more likely to be premature, stillborn or die shortly after birth. A baby exposed to tobacco smoke has a higher risk of dying from cot death.Children whose parents smoke are more likely to get pneumonia and bronchitis in their first year of life, to suffer from more frequent and more severe asthma attacks and to become regular smokers themselves.

It causes problems related to heart, lung, Mouth and throat, Esophagus, brain,circulation, intestine,stomach, bladder,

You may be surprised to know that Tobacco smoke contains over 4,000 different chemicals. At least 50 are known
carcinogens (cause cancer in humans) and many are poisonous. Some examples are as follows:

Benzene (petrol additive): It is a known carcinogen and is associated with leukaemia.
Formaldehyde (embalming fluid): Known to cause cancer, respiratory, skin and gastrointestinal problems.
Ammonia (toilet cleaner), Acetone (nail polish remover), Carbon Monoxide (CO) (car exhaust fumes), Arsenic (rat poison), Hydrogen Cyanide (gas chamber poison)
Tar:Particulate matter drawn into lungs when you inhale on a lighted cigarette. Once inhaled, smoke condenses and about 70 per cent of the tar in the smoke is deposited in the smoker's lungs.
Nicotine (insecticide/addictive drug):One of the most addictive substances known to man, a powerful and fast-acting medical and non-medical poison. This is the chemical which causes addiction.( Source: Health Education Authority (UK) – Lifesaver)

The benefits when you quit smoking, on your health, finances and confidence can motivate you to stop and stay stopped. Within just 20 minutes of quitting the healing process begins.
Here’s how the process takes place

20 min., Blood pressure and pulse return to normal.
8 hrs, Nicotine and carbon monoxide levels in blood reduce by half. Oxygen levels return to normal.
24 hrs, Carbon monoxide will be eliminated from the body. Lungs start to clear out mucous and other smoking debris.
48 hrs, There is no nicotine left in the body. Ability to taste and smell is greatly improved.
72 hrs, Breathing becomes easier. Bronchial tubes begin to relax and energy levels increase.
2-12 weeks, Circulation improves.
3 - 9 months, Coughs, wheezing and breathing problems improve as lung functions are increased by up to 10%.
5 yrs., Risk of heart attack falls to about half that of a smoker.
10 yrs., Risk of lung cancer falls to about half that of a smoker. Risk of heart attack falls to the same as someone who has never smoked.

It is beneficial for all concerned to quit this habbit that is seriously dangerous to health. There are many ways to help smokers quit smoking. One is hypnosis, taking drugs, joining groups etc. auto suggestions are also a helpful solution. The following auto-suggestion is given to emphasis the point. Say it 15 times in a day and thrice every morning and evening.

“I am living my life harmoniously and peacefully. I love my family and myself. My health and fitness is my priority . when ever I smoke a cigarette, I feel foul smell coming out of it and my taste for it goes away completely. The smoke coming out of the cigarette look like small ants and holding it is unbearable. I am in the position to give up smoking completely and my health is becoming better and better as a result. I keep myself involved in my family, work and hobbies. I love my life and live it meaningfully. All positive things and people are coming my way and helping me quit smoking”

If you are a smoker and have always wanted to quit, then your sub-conscious is offering you a way to do so. Grab the opportunity and you will reap huge benefits from it. If you know someone who smokes, then you are a chosen medium to help that person.

I am a handwriting analyst, not a doctor, and the material I have written is after going through lots of material. The auto-suggestion is a mind power technique where we get our subconscious to work for us. It is a well known and well tried subject, cost free and has done wonders for people who have followed it. Hope you can gain out of this article.

It is only you who can make a difference in your life. Live it beautifully and with meaning. When you know that something is not suiting you, you must change it. Smoking is a habbit that suits non. It is high time you give it up, for your health, body, family’s sake. Most importantly Your Sake!!
Regards,
Farida H B