+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

- Stock Market -

Advert.

Soniya
    Soniya is offline eTI Iron

- Stock Market -

Advert.
    :-X

I'm aware of what the words mean but i don't know what a stock market is ... how does it function. what r shares. how can ve invest in stocks/ shares.???

any genius out there to inlighten me :

ash
    ash is offline Just in!

Re: - Stock Market -

dear miss
    although i m not a genius , but will try to inlighten u
    any co. who is doing a business have some capital( money for running the business) and as these co.s have their capital in large amounts . their capital is devided in smaller units of money i.e. of RS.10 or
    Rs.100 . these small units are called the share.
    the share is the smalles unit of their capital amount which is tradeable through stock market.
    another word for stock is capital , so the stock mktt is a place where one can trade the smallest unit of
    capital of any listed co. in share/stock mktt,
    one can go for this business of stock mktt. through a stock broker . it can be now online too.
    few banks like icici and hdfc r also doing this work.
    with regards ash

NRI
    NRI is offline eTI Iron

well ... nice piece of info ... can you further tell about Stock / share and how can one buy or sell them ... i'm sure it involves risks ... and what is ths concept of risk involved.
    Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative

sameer4all
    sameer4all is offline Just in!

For buying or selling the stock u need to open a Demat & Trading A/c with any of the broker such as Religare / Motilal Oswal, etc.
    Now you may ask what is Demat & Trading A/c. Right ?
    Demat A/c is meant for keeping the shares which you buy in stock market.
    Trading A/c is meant for placing orders in the stock market.

Now about the risk involved.
    Yes risk is there in every business you do.
    In share market also the risk is there but you can minimise your risk and maximise your profit by doing smart trading.

sanvister
    sanvister is offline Just in!

The size of the world stock market was estimated at about $36.6 trillion US at the beginning of October 2008. [1] The total world derivatives market has been estimated at about $791 trillion face or nominal value, [2] 11 times the size of the entire world economy. [3] The value of the derivatives market, because it is stated in terms of notional values, cannot be directly compared to a stock or a fixed income security, which traditionally refers to an actual value. Moreover, the vast majority of derivatives 'cancel' each other out Many such relatively illiquid securities are valued as marked to model, rather than an actual market price.

The stocks are listed and traded on stock exchanges which are entities of a corporation or mutual organization specialized in the business of bringing buyers and sellers of the organizations to a listing of stocks and securities together. The stock market in the United States includes the trading of all securities listed on the NYSE Euro next, the NASDAQ, the Amen, as well as on the many regional exchanges, e.g. BOTCH and Pink Sheets. European examples of stock exchanges include the London Stock Exchange, the Deuteron Berserk.

priya0710
    priya0710 is offline eTI Iron
    Stock market is a place where buyers and sellers meet for the exchange of listed securities. Shares that you hold represent the part of ownership that you possess in that company depending upon the number of share units you are holding .

7. Advert.

+ Post a Comment HERE!