Lately I read that German court ruled against google for using name Gmail in their country. It has actually stopped google for using name gmail in their country. Google guys try to buy their name but the owner refused, I know they should have offered a huge amount because Money is not the case with google, isn't ?

The thing is that there is email service in Germany, most probably he shortened German Mail as Gmail, it was started way back in 2000. You can find their site at : http://gmail.de.

From readings about it, it appears that the of German gmail is also dedicated to its services and I liked the interface there though I did not get most of it as I donno their language. Seems their theme is to combine all sort of communication in one ie. their gmail.
See their DEMO

This law fight lasted for 3 years,
As the news says:
The legal wrangling over the Gmail name has lasted for three years. Google filed suit against Giersch in Spain, Portugal and Switzerland. The Swiss, however, threw out Google's case, and Giersch says he plans to file his suit in Switzerland to prohibit use of the Gmail name in that country.
Money can't buy everything .. :P