+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Advice Needed plz !!!

Advert.

anujr
    anujr is offline Just in!

Advice Needed plz !!!

Advert.
    hi everyone
    i am kinda new to this forum and in desperate need of some sane advice so here goes...
    Ok, I am a 2nd year MBBS student.I was very smart throughout my school years[don't wanna sound immodest,but its true,my IQ is 134!].So after my 10th class i wanted to take non-medical and be an engineer[as I loved maths] like my father but he wanted me to be a doc.I protested alot but he didn't agree. I had always hated biology due to rote learning and medical sciences are worse!! Still, I worked hard and got admission into a prestigious medical college.

But now, in 2nd year I don't feel like continuing with medical education.But I cant change my stream either due to some complex factors that I can't explain now as they will deviate you from my major problem.Due to my non-interest in medicine,I didn't attend lectures and Iam gonna get detained for 6 months[this means I will complete MBBS in 6 years rather than normal5 1/2].After MBBS, I have to do 2year bond and then post grad[essential for medicos] which again takes 3 years.Now I feel that my career is doomed as I have no passion for medicine and so I will never be as good a doctor as even my less intelligent classmates!!!.

Other thing is that I hear from my seniors that medicine is not as financially rewarding career as non-med fields.[yeah some docs earn very high but they are very few and have passion for their work,high end engineers earn much more].This is a FACT docs allover the country agree to this[checked this by talking to my college seniors and on internet forums] Now when I see my less intelligent classmates who took up non-med getting starting packages of Rs 9 lac p.a after just 4 years of study ,it makes my heart bleed!![when I have to study for upto 10-12years before starting earning and even then my earning would be less] And the worst thing is I wont even get psychological satisfaction of the so called "Noble profession" as it is not what I wanted to be!!!.And my father wont even give me an answer why he forced me to take medical field AGAINST my wishes,when I am clearly not meant for it.So, I feel like I am SCREWED from all sides!!!.

What should I do?

sarkar
    sarkar is offline eTI Iron

Re: Advice Needed plz !!!

Firstly dude am very sorry to hear wat happen to u.
    Now u have 3 options (which i feel)
    1.Instead of wasting u'r future 12 yrs, y don't u leave medical n try ur self in engg, its better to waste 2 yrs than whole life.
    2.Search for the areas in medical wher u can even get into some engg stuff.
    3.Let ur life be the way ur parents want, that will bring pleasure to their life.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

It is good to have a life the way your parents want but you can't achieve anything until you are not doing it with fun and interest. As sarkar said, I too don't want your parents to feel bad but you may have to find a way which goes around without hurting your parents as well keeping you happy.

While you are studying, try to find a way to earn good (it is very had as you barely have time to do anything apart of studies). There are other ways, business and self employed work, so if you can earn good with some other work then you can drop Medical field and that way your parents wont feel bad ... not too bad.

Farida H B
    Farida H B is offline eTI Iron

Hellow anujr,

I will back sarkar up, if u not interested in the job that you want to do,there will always be a hatred towards it and u wont have any mental satisfaction. It is important that u take up the field in which your passion lies. By now ur parents to would have understood that medicine does not interest you.
    Get your Handwriting Analysed : Worldofhandwriting.com

pseudonym
    pseudonym is offline Newbie

what has happened to you is really sad.if you really hate medicine so much then you should leave it and pursue engg instead.i think you need to make a choice between keeping your parents happy or keeping yourself happy.

+ Post a Comment HERE!