+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Amzaon KINDLE IN INDIA-Wireless ebook reader hand-held device now in India

Advert.

sarkar
    sarkar is offline eTI Iron

Amzaon KINDLE IN INDIA-Wireless ebook reader hand-held device now in India

Advert.

Great news for book freaks...

Amazon.com (a US based online leading company) has launched Kindle International, now ppl from India too can use Kindle wirelessly.

For the ppl who don't know abt Kindle, let me explain: Kindle is an ebook reader which can have 1000's of books, articles, magazines.

Now you can carry many books with you whenever and wherever you go.

You can know about Kindle from www.amazon.com

Cover story follows:

Amazon goes global with new Kindle

Amazon announced late Tuesday that it was introducing a new version of its Kindle e-book reader that can wirelessly download books in the United States and more than 100 countries.

The new device, which is expected to ship on October 19, is physically similar to the previous Kindle with a six-inch display. However, the new e-reader will be capable of downloading books and periodicals via wireless networks belonging to AT&T and its international partners.

"We have millions of customers in countries all over the world who read English-language books," Amazon.com Founder and CEO Jeff Bezos said in a statement. "Kindle enables these customers to think of a book and download it wirelessly in less than 60 seconds."

The online retailer also announced that it would cut the price of its U.S. Kindle by $40 to $259, bringing it more in line with Sony's Reader Pocket Edition, which sells for $199. The price cut is the second for Amazon's e-reader in four months: in July, the price of the Kindle 2 dropped from $359 to $299. Amazon also sells a larger version called the Kindle DX for $489.

The Seattle-based e-tailer said international customers will have access to about 220,000 book titles at its Kindle Store compared with the 350,000 titles available to U.S. customers. Publishers involved with the store include Simon & Schuster, HarperCollins, Lonely Planet, Harlequin, Penguin, Bloomsbury, and Hachette.

With the announcements, Amazon is attempting to position itself for a boom in e-reader sales that Forrester Research expects in the U.S. over the next few years. In a report to be released Wednesday, Forrester Research raised its 2009 forecast for e-reader sales in the United States to 3 million units from its previous prediction of 2 million sales. Forrester Research also expects Amazon's Kindle to command about 60 percent of the e-reader market in 2009, compared with 35 percent for Sony's Reader.

"This holiday season, eReaders will be one category that's a breakout success," Forrester analyst Sarah Rotman Epps said in the report. "Lower prices, more content, better distribution, and lots of media hype are contributing to faster-than-expected adoption of eReader devices in 2009."

sarkar

Re: Amzaon KINDLE IN INDIA-Wireless ebook reader hand-held device now in India

Kindle Price update in India:

Kindle may cost little over $400, including the import taxes when ordered from Amazon.com

kammy
    kammy is offline eTI Copper

i would rather buy books.
    kamal

sarkar

Hmm... It can also play MP3 and it has an option of reading the books aloud.
    Everything is digital so even though it cost much but it's very convinent for the book lover who travels occasionally.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Good device though I use my handheld as book reader, moreover it has 3G, I can connect internet at fast speeds.

For kindle, we lack Wifi connectivity, its yet to be common in India. I don't think it will be practical in India any soon.

sarkar

Well, Kindle doesn't work with wi-fi, it uses its own network for connection called Whispernet.

More over the whispernet service is also activated in India but it works with GPRS and not 3G as 3G network is not very popular here so far.

7. Advert.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

So if it works with GPRS then it means they have to tie up with telecom operators to provide this service. If it works on GPRS, then it will work on 3G too (where available) since its not using GPRS directly, rather using internet through GPRS.

sarkar

Yeah they might have tie-up with some Telecom company (which is not revealed). It do works with 3G where it is available. As India doesn't have good 3G facility at present, they might be connecting through GPRS.

Sunil Kadam Guest

what is the cost of this reader device in india

Unregistered Guest

to know

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Good device though I use my handheld as book reader, moreover it has 3G, I can connect internet at fast speeds.

For kindle, we lack Wifi connectivity, its yet to be common in India. I don't think it will be practical in India any soon.
    pls tel me how to buy amazon kindle e book reader? what are the features of the ebook reader? what is its cost?
    pls tel me pls

Parijat Guest

Smile Gaur

I think its a cool device ... and if 3G gets better ..it would be soon common in India.

Unregistered Guest

Difference between kindle with offers and without offers.

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the difference between kindle with offers and without offers.

Thanks.

spotdeals
    spotdeals is offline Just in!
    Quote Originally Posted by kammy View Post
    i would rather buy books.
    I think now a days there are many different online shopping sites available in india, i m having one of the best option for you.

+ Post a Comment HERE!