Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tata Safari 2.2 VTT DICOR EX/GX or Mahindra Scorpio mHawk VLX

Advert.

Bhvm
    Bhvm is offline eTI Aluminium

Re: Tata Safari 2.2 VTT DICOR EX/GX or Mahindra Scorpio mHawk VLX

Advert.
    Quote Originally Posted by stj86
    can u tel me how much seconds will safari dicor takes to reach 100 kmph....??
    About 22~25

make sure to bring up the 100 on 4Th gear... THEN shift to 5th

Panda Guest

Speed

Quote Originally Posted by Bhvm View Post
    About 22~25

make sure to bring up the 100 on 4Th gear... THEN shift to 5th
    @ Bhvm: 22-25 seconds is when you really take care of your car...... If a person wants to know the timing.... its a raw speed rise he is checking for..... that results in 15-17 seconds...... complete throttle opened in 1st 2nd and 3rd..... u ll use a lot of fuel and burn the oil real fast..... but its fun........ make sure no one streets as "Safari lays behind in breaking..... it pulls to left on sudden breaking"

I am owning Safari since 2002 (4 changed), having driven BMW X5, Q7 and VW T, I strongly feel Safari is the best for indian Roads....

carazoo
    carazoo is offline Just in!
    At for the price range of 8-10 lakhs , Tata Safari is teh best SUV you can get

indiandrives
    indiandrives is offline eTI Iron
    I think both SUV are 19-20. Bust Tata Safari is best than Scorpio. Tata Safari have good mileage than scorpio and another thing is look. So my personal vote is tata safari is best.
    So, you have to think about both vehicle and have to take good decision.
    Best of luck..
    and Congratulations for new car...

Why does everybody compare the Mahindra Scorpio with the Tata Safari? I think the Scorpio should be compared only with the Tata Sumo.

The Scorpio is not a true Sports Utility Vehicle.

Here are some basic characteristics that one expects from an SUV

1. 4 wheel drive: The Scorpio does not have it while the Safari does.

2. High ground clearance: At 185mm the ground clearance of the Scorpio is lower even than the Maruti SX4 sedan (190mm) not to mention the Ford Fusion (198mm). The Safari has an immense 205mm which is well in the league of international SUVs.

3. Spare wheel on tail gate: No doubt this is cosmetic but even this is missing on the Scorpio. Instead it has a fake air scoop on the bonnet. How juvenile.

The shape, wheel base, (bouncy) ride quality etc of the Scorpio are all very similar to the Sumo and hence I feel this would be the right comparison. No doubt the Scorpio has a better look than the Sumo but park them side by side and take a look from the front, back and sides and the similarities will be all too obvious.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Tata Safari is a true blooded SUV unlike the Mahindra Scorpio.

Suv

safari is truly suv 140ps power, 205 ground clearance, highway mileage is 15

scorpio is not suv bec 180 ground clearance, 120bhp power, pure milage 12.5, nothing 4x4 option

suv requirement - 1) have to above 200 ground clearnce
    2) have to above 125bhp power
    3)4x4

so finely scorpio is muv and safari is suv

TATA SAFARI DICOR ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7. Advert.

NiKhIl.N
    NiKhIl.N is offline eTI Member
    Safari range starts frm 7.5 to 15 and scorpio 4rm 7 to 13.

NiKhIl.N
    NiKhIl.N is offline eTI Member
    Safari is the bst 1 cauz its having surprising power under its hood and till 10.5 u will get with reverse camera, music system, and 4x4 it has grt offroading capability whereas at ur budget u will gt scorpio bt wt no reverse cam, and it also has mst uncomfortable cabin and 3rd row siting.
    Their r also a SUV like xuv and aria to check ouT.

+ Post a Comment HERE!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12