+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

41% Indians do not have bank account:Govt. now going door to door to get a/c

Advert.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

41% Indians do not have bank account:Govt. now going door to door to get a/c

Advert.
    I have bank accounts with all major bank in my Area. So I never thought that there might be people without any account in any bank but unfortunately there are 41% population who is having no bank account.
    Basically it is confined to Rural & backward areas of India. For financial needs they are dependent upon local SAHUKARS who actually makes poor a poorer.

Finally today I saw that Govt. has decided to initiate a nice move, they will appoint bank for each area and will move door to door to atleast achieve one bank account per house. The nicest thing about all this that they will get a Standard Credit Card on which they can have loan without security upto Rs. 25000.

I appreciate this move but I fear that working of Govt. and miss-loyalty govt. employees will only make it a huge expense but very few results.

MiE
    MiE is offline Newbie

Re: 41% Indians do not have bank account:Govt. now going door to door to get a/c

We need a close monitoring mechanism to ensure that such useful scheme run in a proper way. There must be periodical reports of all the statistics ( e. how many accounts have been opened during this period, their details and other relevant information.)We also need to ensure that this wonderful scheme doesn't fall into the hands of corrupt officials who open bogus Bank account and misuse them later. There is every possibility of such corruption. I can only hope that the Government will take care of this aspect.

ashok_replies
    ashok_replies is offline eTI Iron

Re: 41% Indians do not have bank account:Govt. now going door to door to get a/c

THough its a nice move, the people who brought this idea will surely misuse it. Infact a new move is introduced only for their personal gain.

Ricky

I am not concerned about misuse of accounts but what I tried to convey that with whenever govt starts such reforms etc, expenses are real huge, they always turned out to be very inefficient.
    I have been looking closely few of such things and was very much hurt to see the way things used to work.

bhujangadev
    bhujangadev is offline Just in!

When 80% of the people live in in rural areas, it is not surprising that those who hold bank accounts constitute only 40%. nThe Rural people have evolved their own banking system, where they go to a local money lendor, who lends them quick money, albeit at exorbitant rates, against their simple assets; his procedures are simple, and does not require elaborate3 forms/ guarantors etc. They get quick cash. The government should popularise post office savings accounts to help the rural people

Ricky

This is govt. want to eliminate, ie. local banking system because they are getting too much exploited from it.
    Govt. is also giving a credit card which can give Rs. 25000 unconditionally ..
    Its nice move.
    Lets see how many really get benefited from it.

7. Advert.

+ Post a Comment HERE!