+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

The rock music scenario in India

Advert.

sahilkat
    sahilkat is offline eTI Member

The rock music scenario in India

Advert.
    What do you think about the current rock music scenario in India and how is it changing?

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Re: The rock music scenario in India

Currently I feel there is no definitive trend in Indian music, be it Rock , Jazz or any other.

sahilkat

yeah. that is true. But i would also like to add that a large number of Indian bands are coming up. Though most of them are still at the college level, but since the past couple of years some like parikrama, motherjane, silk route, indian ocean and all have also managed some good albums. So can we say that the scope will increase? or will India remain more centered towards bollywood music?

gecko
    gecko is offline Just in!

i agree with you sahilkat. recently many Indian bands have emerged and some have even acquired fame on the international level.

azharmaulavi
    azharmaulavi is offline eTI Iron

well i think it is changing fast and tough........well i can suggest this coz racently i've been watchhing this show on MTV, namely ROCK ON.........and u know what those ppl really rock........Rock at its best just awesome..........
    "Smile always u never know who is falling in love with ur Smile..........wid love...........AJ"

sahilkat

azhar, thats a very good point that you stated there. Those contestants really rock man. And if t hat is not a sign of the growing trend towards rock music and its following then what can be? Nirdosh on guitars and many others in that competition are doing a great job i believe. You think more of the reality shows should be concentrated on promoting Indian bands?

7. Advert.

azharmaulavi

yes i think INDIA's got hell lots of talent bro........ppl jus die striving and surviving their life coz they hav families to take care of, ppl don hav sufficient money to meet their needs........i think these shows should encouraged and ppl shld b given a chance to prove themselves a platform should be provided by the media nd then INDIA wud not only b good at brains nd cricket but also will shine throughout the world wid a tagline saying...............THE ALL-ROUNDERS.................WHAT SAY BRO.............
    "Smile always u never know who is falling in love with ur Smile..........wid love...........AJ"

sahilkat

i totally agree. Thats is what we lack in. A suitable platform. I have seen a lot of concerts of Indian bands and they surely have one hell of a potential dude. All they need is proper encouragement.
    And the number of people who listen to rock music are also increasing rite?

azharmaulavi

yup you bet bro.........even i did not like rock music nd even if i listened i wud only listen to metallica nd all other bands............but since i've seen those ppl playing at ROCK ON nd also after watching the movie i'm a big fan of all those playing gr8 music in india..........

gecko
    gecko is offline Just in!

you see... just like this, i bet many more would also have been influenced by this show and the movie Rock On. So why doesn't media realize the changing trend for music and makes more initiatives in this field?

sahilkat

yeah.. thats the question... media should think upon it soon...

jigs
    jigs is offline eTI Iron

just dont see only reality shows

see them performing live

i have my frnds who have there own bands

umeed,talash,ehsaas,etc......

they rock man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sahilkat

yeah... same here.. it totally is improving at a great pace now

azharmaulavi

ye it is improving but unless people know bout them who will recognize them............they shld have exposure to media............their music should be heard by ppl.............

sahilkat

hmmm, i agree... media does have a role in this too

+ Post a Comment HERE!