Eco Friendly Diwali

Diwali as we all know is a festival of lights, of triumph over evil. This Diwali I was in Rajkot celebrating the festival. My neice was told by her teachers not to light crackers as they spread pollution and that the crackers have poison in them. My neice believed in the teacher and did not touch the crackers in the beggining, however the members present there managed to get her interested in playing along with them.

We always blame the celebration and the craker lighting on the kids, saying that they dont listen. when they are in a process of learning we make them do somthing very different and it gets feeded into their minds and that is what we keep following. We did enjoy bursting crackers, seeing the brilliant colours spread across the sky but the smoke it left behind was difficult to handle . We were not able to breath and had to go away a fast as possible as people were bursting crackers all around. I later came to know from mu in-laws that this year the bursting of crackers has diminished to a great extent. here were signs on the road side saying " Dont smoke away your money"

To a certain level an impact has been created be it by the government or by schools or by parents on having an eco friendly Diwali as the essence of the festival is about lighting up ones life which can be done even without bursting crackers. In some places the money which people had reserved for buying crackers was sent to affected areas in order to light up someone else's life.

I think that a complete eco friendly Diwali is still far away, however there is lots of progress seen in that area and also seen that people do enjoy such an effort and feel happier in having done something which will eventually be fruitfull in the lives of others. I do support an Eco friendly Diwali.

Regards,

Farida H B

Handwriting analyst