+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

need advice losing fat and then gain bulk and build muscles and abs

Advert.

3dsmaxed
    3dsmaxed is offline Just in!

need advice losing fat and then gain bulk and build muscles and abs

Advert.
    Hi everyone

I am 1 month into my GYmming and still not clear about what i should be doing, eating and what i should be avoiding. here is what i look like right now

i have a beer belly and i just want it to go in ! I am 179lbs and 6'1". My body fat percentage is around 22% which i calculated online using some calculator
    The GYm trainer has made schedule for me in which i exercise 6 days a week. Alternate days i do cardio (40mins= 20 mins treadmill + 10 mins crosstrainer+10mins CYcling) + abs(crunches + leg raise). and the remaining days i do lower body and upper body workout alternately.

The problem is that he has not clearly told me about my GYM diet that i should be following along with this. and is it a good schedule at all?
    I am really sick with that belly and really want to get rid of it and lead a healthy life.

Please help me from start what i should be looking at as its just 1 month. I will have to follow their workout schedule but rest i can control. i mean things like how much of cardio , what type of exercises etc.
    I saw some articles in loosing fat subforum but i rather got mixed up and confused. Can someone please help me

1.) find a right diet plan to follow with this.
    2.) How much should i be exercising?
    3.) I really want to have nice abs after i loose fat and then also start gaining bulk. Enough of being lanky looking :-). m ready to work hard on this and follow strict diet plan.
    I am already having a scoop of "All the Whey" protein after my workout all six days.

thanks

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Re: need advice losing fat and then gain bulk and build muscles and abs

Looking at your picture, it looks like you are not overweight but only in bad shape, though your weight is little more than normal but because of your height, don't worry about it, just concentrate on workout. Also you have not shown your full body but available picture it looks like you will not have problem in maintaining good physics but yes getting visible abs muscle will require significant amount of effort.

Since its been one month, your workout routine including cardio is inadequate. Also, be patient in exercise, it takes little time. Though, first month is not very fruitful for beginners but in second month you should see visible results.

To make things easier for you...

1. Increase your work out time to 1 hour and remember, actual fat burn only starts after 15-20 mins of exercise / cardio.
    2. If you are try hard to loose fat seeing your current body state, then you may look thinner rather. So your workout should be gaining muscular bulk along with loosing fat.
    As per my recommendation, you should have following routine..
    --> Exercise 3 days and one day OFF
    ------> This is to gain muscular mass, in which exercise as follow:
    Day 1: Pects (chest) + Triceps
    Day 2: Shoulders + Thighs (legs, calv, hamstrings )
    Day 3: Back + Biceps
    Day 4: Rest
    From next day again repeat..
    Just do 2-3 sets of each body part so every day you will end up 5-6 sets. This routine is basic and good for developing muscles.
    (Follow this routine for 2 months, after that you will need to change)

Above will help you to gain muscular mass as well help in loosing fat.

But thats not enough, you need to daily do morning walk .. rather jogging along with abdominal exercise.
    So make it like, in morning daily go for cardio and evening go for exercise .
    1. Running should be as per your capacity, start with short distance and then gradually increase it.
    2. Before running do 2 exercises of upper abs, next day 2 exercise of lower abs ie. 6-8 sets each day.
    Follow that morning routine for 1 month and from second month, do it 1 day Running and 1 day only exercise of abs. By second month should be far more lean and muscular. By third month, you can drop morning routine and can add abdominal exercise in GYM routine of evening.

Regarding food, basic rule of thumb is that increase number of times you take food, ie. make it 5-6 times a day but in small quantities, never eat to pack your stomach.
    Secondly, stay away from anything which contains fat, not to mention Samosa, Sweets... etc. even poori , you know Indian food is full of such deep fried stuff.
    Thirdly, as obvious, increase protein intake to provide raw material for your new muscles.

Lastly, above routine can really make differences but it requires fair amount of hardwork and determination.

koolvijay_2000
    koolvijay_2000 is offline Newbie

HI bro,

Looking at your pic, i suggest u not to go for complete fat loss now, as it is not required for ur case as of now. You begin with power lifting workouts more as they tend to build muscle on u. You need to work out 4 days a week only i.e monday, tuesday and friday and saturday

The workouts should not be not more tahn 1 hour in day

After your workouts hit a 15 min to 25 min cardio then the abs workouts.

This will reduce your fat also fast as cardio after workouts is very good rather in the begining

Weights should not be more than 1 hour a day . workouts atleast 3 body parts a day

like Monday and thursday : Chest , shoulder and triceps

friday and saturday : Back, biceps and legs

U need to incorporate dead lifts in between these workouts , this will give u good strength and also strong back.

IF u ask me i will suggest not to go for fat burning now. Instead go for complete bulk up and muscle building workouts with a combination of power lifting workouts.

BY 4 months u can build a very good physique . Then u can plan for the cutting up cycle

For more details on diet plan, workout plan in detailed manner contact me on +919036492987 or +919738254539

You got good potential dude to have a good body. All u need is a proper scientific coaching. If i get some more info i need from u . I can give u a diet schedule and workout plan personalized as per ur needs in a day or two. I can guarantee you awesome results with proper combination of food , rest and supplements.

And one more thing rest is the most important factor in this field as muscle always grows when u sleep and not i gym.....

regards

vijay

koolvijay_2000
    koolvijay_2000 is offline Newbie

+ Post a Comment HERE!