+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

TIP:How to block contents on Opera 10 Browser including advertisement easily

Advert.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

TIP:How to block contents on Opera 10 Browser including advertisement easily

Advert.
    Opera is one of the most popular and highly evolved web browser. There are many features in browser which were first seen in Opera and later on adopted by other browsers. Anyways, this guide is about one of the simple feature of Opera which lets block unwanted contents easily.

You may want to block contents like advertisements if you are on slow connection or on costly internet connection which charges you on the basis of data usage.

I had used this on Opera 9 too, but while writing this guide I have Opera 10.02 but in other version its somewhat similar. So, you must have opera browser in order to use this feature (thats obvious). Its very easy to do it, but for sake of simplicity I have divided in various parts.

Step 1 : Locate the Content to be blocked
    I use Yahoo Mail Classic and in sidebar at left corner, I regularly see many ads those are of not any use for me. Below I have attached the screenshot..

Step 2 : Find the Origin of Content
    Now we need to find the origin of the content so that we can block it. Its simple to block, just find the server which is serving those content and block that server. Here we do this by right-click on that image as shown below and click properties.

Once click on properties, it will show full address of the image but we need to know only domain part ie. here it is
    Code:
    http://content.yieldmanager.edgesuite.net
    You can see in the image below that from the full Address of the image, I have selected and copied only domain part. Now you need to paste that in opera's block content section to block this server.

Step 3: Telling Opera to block content from this Address
    So, final step is to block the content from the server we just found in previous step. For that in Opera browser :

Goto --> Advanced --> Blocked Content

Now here you are required to add the address we found out, just enter URL without any slash at end, it will append "*" to it automatically, which means block everything from this address. Now press "ADD" and paste the address we had copied previously.

STEP : DONE
    Its not step, now reload that page where the ads were, you will no longer see them.

Lastly,
    Its a small TIP, hopefully will be helpful. If it helped you then please Stop by and give your valuable comments. Also, if their is any scope of improvement or correction then do let me know.

The author is not associated with any of the above mentioned service or product. Author may or may not be using all or any of the above services or products. Above article / review / tip are just views of the author and they do not decide above mentioned service / product's characteristics as whole. The author do not take any responsibility for harm or damage done by any of the above tip / advice / review. Above material / article is provided for the informational purpose only and author can't be held responsible for its usability and authenticity. Reader's discretion is advised.

Stealing or Copying of this article / review / Tip without proper credit and link back to the article is illegal. You may use this article at your site by giving a link back to this article or by asking for permission from the author.

kammy
    kammy is offline eTI Copper

Re: TIP:How to block contents on Opera 10 Browser including advertisement easily

thanx i use opera daily that will help a lot
    kamal

Tonychuh
    Tonychuh is offline Newbie

Re: TIP:How to block contents on Opera 10 Browser including advertisement easily

Thanks, it's helpful

kammy
    kammy is offline eTI Copper

it works>>>>
    thanks
    kamal

hunr
    hunr is offline Newbie

not much

shanoobsha07
    shanoobsha07 is offline Just in!

HMMMMMMMMMM ITS BETTER

7. Advert.

+ Post a Comment HERE!