+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Yamaha R15 >> Impressive Look or Broken Leg?

Advert.

nexgen
    nexgen is offline Just in!

Yamaha R15 >> Impressive Look or Broken Leg?

Advert.

I'm thinking of buying yamaha r15 just because of its look. But I'm wondering if it is safe to ride.

There's no way to install leg guard in this bike. What happens if the bike fell while riding? Does it protect the leg without leg guard? Any saftey measure in this bike?

I don't care about the bike being damaged while falling but the important think for me is my leg.

Also what about the safety feature of Karizam ZMR as well?

Any input from you guys?

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Re: Yamaha R15 >> Impressive Look or Broken Leg?

Other than Ninja 25o, this bike is best you can get in India with international standards. The front fairing of bike are already so wide that you will definitely get protection from it as if you get from a leg guard.

Karizma ZMR is old Karizma with FI engine and new fairing, thats it. it looks good and looks bigger than other bike. On bike, best safety measure is controlled riding. I guess, safe or not should not be a measure to select bike, more or less all bikes are similar on Indian roads in terms of safety. Moreover, Indian Govt. has set certain rules for bike manufacturers, so that too make them all similar as every one has to follow them.

nexgen
    nexgen is offline Just in!

I think safety is still concerned as most bikes are not safe out of the box. For example, bikes like pulsar, splendor, gladiator, discover or any such bikes comes with a very short leg guard which I think don't protects the leg much.

People usually have to install extra wider leg guard for safety. What's your take on it?

Does the front fairing is good enough to serve as wide leg guard? Are they strong enough?

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

To the contrary, now I see people to get smaller leg guard just to maintain look.

Regarding front fairing, you can see it yourself, its wide enough but as per my view , can't replace leg gaurd but yes, it does guard a little.

+ Post a Comment HERE!