+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Ram Setu : what is going on ?

Advert.

Lurker
    Lurker is offline eTI Iron

Ram Setu : what is going on ?

Advert.
    See the news :
    The government has admitted that its affidavit filed in the Sethu Samudran Canal project was a mistake.

Union Law Minister Hans Raj Bhardwaj has said the government will withdraw the offending remarks from the affidavit and file a fresh one.

He further clarified that Lord Ram cannot be made subject to a debate.

The move comes soon after Congress President Sonia Gandhi stepped in to do some damage control in the wake of the controversy over the Centre's affidavit in the Supreme Court doubting the existence of Lord Ram.

Lurker
    Lurker is offline eTI Iron

Re: Ram Setu : what is going on ?

Is it a political drama ?

or

we Indians are being fooled ?

Middle Road
    Middle Road is offline Newbie

The government filed an affidavit claiming that Ram doesn't exist. Once it became obvious that the BJP was going to use this issue in mid-term elections which seem very likely, the government decided to control damage by withdrawing it. Think about it. This issue will definitely have more emotional appeal than the nuclear issue which most Indians don't understand anyway. The Congress in its arrogance assumed that insulting Hindus was par for the course. Now it is scrambling to cover its back. I wouldn't be surprised if Ambika Soni was sacrificed if this issue heats up

Middle Road

I doubt that Sonia was unaware of this and only just noticed that this was happening. I am pretty sure she was aware of exactly what was happening. She is quickly shifting the blame since the BJP finally climbed out of the stupor it has been in for 3 years

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

I just read in newspaper today that Govt took back that affidavit.

Middle Road

obviously. they face electoral annihilation if they dont

7. Advert.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

What do you think,
    What do really Govt. wants here ?

Middle Road

They were preparing for mid-term elections since the Left has opposed the nuclear deal. Looks like an attempt to garner "minority" vote with this statement.
    In their arrogance, Ambika Soni and Mrs Maino-Gandhi never gave a moment's thought to Hindu reaction. The spontaneous reaction of Hindus who seem genuinely outraged took them by surprise. I read somewhere that a Congress functionary lamented "We have handed them Gujarat on a platter". Now in an attempt to limit damage, they are falling over themselves to withdraw the affidavit. There was a really hilarious article in rediff.com about how this was a deliberate ploy by the Congress, since Mrs Maino-Gandhi apparently has "rescued" Hinduism by ordering withdrawal of the affidavit. It is no surprise. There are so many non-Hindus in that government, it was easy for them to forget to take the Hindu perspective into account.
    What do you think?

I have a timeline in my blog
    http://india-themiddleroad.blogspot.com/

+ Post a Comment HERE!
X
Have Question? Ask now free!