+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

UNSAFE INDIA - Full Violence in TN - No security to life in india

Advert.

ashok_replies
    ashok_replies is offline eTI Iron

UNSAFE INDIA - Full Violence in TN - No security to life in india

Advert.
    Recently there was an attack on Chief minister's girl in banglore
    So if there is no security for the CM daughter then wats the security of common people?
    Chennai, Sep 22 News:

Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi Saturday brushed aside the ransom announced on his head following his controversial remarks on Hindu god Ram, even as a Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader sought to distance the organisation from the threat call.

"I will continue to be among you even if I am not here," the octogenarian DMK president told his supporters without making any direct reference to the death threat

According to media reports, Ram Vilas Vedanti, a former Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP who is also described as senior VHP leader, said in Ayodhya Friday that VHP saints would weigh in gold anyone who beheaded Karunanidhi and cut out his tongue.
    "I must be very precious if someone is ready to pay gold for me," Karunanidhi said.

The DMK, part of the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government in New Delhi, is pressing for the Sethusamudram Shipping Canal Project that BJP, VHP and many other Hindu groups have opposed

The opponents argue that the project would damage a reef called Ram Sethu or Adam's Bridge that was constructed by Lord Ram, though scientists say there is no evidence to support the contention

As the political parties this month debated the religious aspect of the project, Karunanidhi angered many Hindu outfits by questioning Lord Ram existence and also cracking jokes on the Ram Sethu - leading to the threat from Vedanti.

But VHP working president S. Vedantam clarified in a statement here: "I wish to clarify that he (Vedanti) is not a VHP member. The views expressed by him are his own and the VHP has never subscribed to such views."

The VHP main concern is reinforcing Hindu religious values and it has never indulged in personal attacks or supported inflammatory speeches, Vedantam said.

However, Karunanidhi archrival, opposition leader J. Jayalalitha of AIADMK called for his resignation, alleging he was making inflammatory speeches that could lead to violence.

"A chief minister can be an atheist or a believer in a particular faith. It is his personal matter. But when he assumes office, he should set aside his likes and dislikes and treat all people with respect without any bias.

"It was highly condemnable that Karunanidhi continued to hurt the sentiments of crores (tens of millions) of Hindus across the globe by speaking ill of Lord Ram," she said.

Demanding that Karunanidhi step down "for having violated the Indian constitution" by making inflammatory speeches, she threatened a statewide agitation from Sep 26.

In retaliation, senior DMK leader Arcot Veerasamy made a similar threat against the BJP. He said black flag demonstrations would be held in front of BJP offices in Tamil Nadu if Vedanti did not withdraw his remarks.

"The blood of the self-respect movement is running in our body. We will make them understand that we will not tolerate any offensive remarks about our leader," Veerasamy said.

While the BJP has demanded that the alignment of the proposed shipping canal should be changed so as to save Ram Sethu, Union Shipping and Transport Minister T.R. Baalu, who is from DMK, refused to budge.

I do not see any such thing as Ram Sethu. I know only Adam Bridge ," Baalu said here earlier in the day.

He reiterated the government would approach the Supreme Court, which has stayed the project for the time being, to vacate the stay and continue with its completion to save the navigation time.

Latest Violence news
    Violence Violence and only Violence in india

Middle Road
    Middle Road is offline Newbie

Re: UNSAFE INDIA - Full Violence in TN - No security to life in india

For timeline, critique, opinion, links to articles
    http://india-themiddleroad.blogspot.com/

ashok_replies

Nice blog MIDDLE ROAD. Thanks.

Is this blog yours?

Middle Road
    Middle Road is offline Newbie

Thanks Ashok. Yes. I am really surprised by how many people feel strongly about MK's blasphemy. I thought most Tamilians would simply watch, tut-tut and go about their business. I hope Tamilians really make a statement about this issue. After all, whichever religion we belong to, we have been taught to respect others' beliefs

ashok_replies

Actually there is a bad politics in india. They just want to do everything for the public, but the real truth is they are getting satisfied by their own actions by hurting others.

subho1
    subho1 is offline Newbie

Yes Ashok_replies its only political gimmick and nothing else. Sometimes some politicians want to appear at the front page of the national news papers so that poor simple people do not forget them. They don't have any other work but to create political disturbances in India.

7. Advert.

+ Post a Comment HERE!