+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Joomla email form doesnt work

Advert.

maluba
    maluba is offline Newbie

Joomla email form doesnt work

Advert.
    i have used the joomla component form(built in form), but it doesn't work. i tested by sending an email to my other email address, but the wont get delievered. Could anyone help me with all the possible reasons why its happening in this manner and the solutions.

Admin
    Admin is offline Administrator

Re: Joomla email form doesnt work

All I can say it uses inbuilt PHP mail function, you need to first make sure inbuilt php mail function is working good or not!

Other way is to use SMTP server for mail, there must be setting for that in Joomla, I can't tell exact location as its been really long since I last used Joomla.
    You may want to read:

Thought of the Moment:
    A community is all about helping each other.

maluba
    maluba is offline Newbie

Does pop3 work with joomla

If u check at the joomla backend, there is no pop3 option. You will only find php function, smtp and .... what if i use pop3, does that mean i cannot use the joomla email form? i currently use the default email contact us form and it doesn't submit my email. please help

maluba
    maluba is offline Newbie

Sorry, but this doesn't really answer my question. the question about pop3 is still pending.

Admin
    Admin is offline Administrator

Pop3 is not required at all, POP3 is for receiving mail from a server where there is your account configured or you are authorized to fetch email using POP3 from that server.

You only require either of SMTP or PHP mail function to use Joomla contact form.

It goes like this :

Your Joomla Site ---> Contact FORM ---> SOMEONE Fills it --> Email then sent via SMTP or PHP to desired address

So there is no POP 3 here. POP3 will come in action when the email is already sent and stored in INBOX on server, now you need to use POP3 protocol in order to download those mails to your PC using email clients like Evolution or MS outlook.
    You may want to read:

Thought of the Moment:
    A community is all about helping each other.

jatin51
    jatin51 is offline Just in!
    reinstall it again..it will be fixed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

7. Advert.

+ Post a Comment HERE!