+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Want to be Crorepati ? Join IIM

Advert.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Want to be Crorepati ? Join IIM

Advert.

Still to complete their study, five students at Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow have got pre-placement job offers with an average salary of Rs one crore, all coming from global investment banks.

"The number of offers have already surpassed the last year's figures when only four students had bagged PPOs till the time of final placements," IIM-L's Student Recruitment Co-ordinator Mahesh Nair said.

All the five offers are from international investment banks, Nair said, but did not divulge the employers' names. The process is still on and the institute expects more offers to come in the immediate future.

src:times news

berryice
    berryice is offline Just in!

Re: Want to be Crorepati ? Join IIM

Hi,
    The above may have fascinated me a few weeks back. But with recent reports of b-schools forging placement figures, i really am left to wonder about the authenticity of those quoted average salaries. A recent graduate of a leading Indian management institute has come out to declare that the institutions have been reporting inflated salaries offered to its students by as much as thrice the true account. And all this just to increase the number of student applications? Or to stand high in b-school rankings of publications that are paid hogwash anyway??

berryice
    berryice is offline Just in!

Of course all this also leads to the question of ethics of b-schools in general. The admission process of these schools is a debate that has been raked up many times but doesn't lead to any conclusive solution. I personally knpw atleast 3 people who've not got calls inspite of having scored higher than a lot of those who did get the call. And no we're not mistaken. They've not only scored a higher aggregate but also higher sectional cut-offs. The worst is when no explanation is provided.

The point here being - these b-schools might teach you the best of management, but with no ethics involved anywhere, what are they really teaching you to become?

supercrazy
    supercrazy is offline Just in!

i agree wid berryice......!!!!

psnswaminathan
    psnswaminathan is offline eTI Iron

thanks Mr. Ricky

desitime
    desitime is offline Newbie

Althought IIm might produce some great entrepreneurs I feel there are lots of other options. IIMs or IITs are not the only ways to succeed in life.

7. Advert.

+ Post a Comment HERE!