A minibus driver allegedly injured a woman Wednesday after hitting her with an iron rod following an altercation over rash driving in east Delhi, police said.

Vicky, driver of the minibus, allegedly attacked Abid, a doctor, and his wife Roshan Raha in Mayur Vihar area at around 8 a.m.

According to police, the couple was on their way to drop their daughter to her school. They asked the mini-bus driver, who was speeding the vehicle in their direction dangerously, to drive carefully.

That led to heated arguments and Vicky soon took out a rod kept in his vehicle and allegedly hit Raha on her head and Abid on his hand and back.

"The bus was coming from the wrong side and we would have been hit. But fortunately we could manage to dodge. When we asked him to drive cautiously he came out and hit my wife with a rod. He also hit me," Abid told reporters adding that he had suffered minor injuries in the scuffle.

Raha was admitted to the Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital, but later shifted to the Guru Tegh Bahadur hospital. She was stated to be recuperating.

"We have registered a case against Vicky and he has been arrested. The minibus has also been seized," said a police official.

The incident was one more instance of road rage in the capital.

On Sunday, a 22-year-old pedestrian was allegedly run over several times and then beaten to death by a scooterist and his friend following an altercation in east Delhi Krishna Nagar

--- Krify News

These kind of news i am hearing for the first time. That too in the capital of a country.