+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jade Goody evicted from the Big Brother house...!!!!

Advert.

Talat
    Talat is offline eTI Aluminium

Jade Goody evicted from the Big Brother house...!!!!

Advert.
    Jade Goody evicted from Big Brother house
    Sam Knight

Jade Goody, the former dental nurse, has been evicted from the Celebrity Big Brother house tonight after being accused of racism. She will emerge to a deserted studio lot after Channel 4 banned the public from attending the show.

Normally contestants ejected from the house by a telephone vote walk out into a blaze of spotlights, camera flashes and the screams of a baying or rapturous crowd, but such are the "heightened feelings" surrounding Goody, the likely evictee, she will be alone.

"Due to the controversy and heightened feelings surrounding the evictees, there will be no crowd for tonight’s eviction," said spokesman for Applause Store, the company that sells tickets for the show.

After four days of defiance — which have seen nearly 40,000 people complain about the alleged bullying by Goody and two other contestants of Shilpa Shetty, a Bollywood actress — Channel 4 appeared eager to dampen the controversy surroundings its prized reality television programme today.

"Over the past few days, Celebrity Big Brother has generated an intense and, at times, heated public debate which the evicted housemate will be unaware of," the broadcaster said in a statement. "As a result, Channel 4 and Endemol have taken the decision to conduct tonight’s eviction in front of a studio audience and without a crowd."

As well as removing the risk of nasty, televised scenes this evening, the broadcaster announced that all the profits from its telephone vote — a direct contest between Shetty and Goody, which the latter is expected to lose — would be donated to charities chosen by contestants at the end of the show.

Last night, a mood of reconciliation even permeated the programme, where the contestants have no idea about the arguments and international attention being paid to their actions. Shetty appeared to drop her earlier suggestion that she had been racially abused while Goody apologised and hugged the actress to make up.

"It’s not in me to be racial about somebody," she said. "If it offends any Indians out there I apologise."

Front-page headlines in Britain and India about the alleged bullying of Shetty by Goody and Danielle Lloyd, a former Miss Great Britain, and Jo O’Meara, who enjoyed brief success as a pop star, have made the show a subject of a police investigation, led to questions in the House of Commons and caused it to be an enormous commercial success.

More than 5.7 million people watched the programme last night even as Carphone Warehouse, the main sponsor of the show, ended its relationships with the programme and the Culture Secretary, Tessa Jowell, called it "disgusting".

The treatment of Shetty, a popular star in India, has even threatened to overshadow the visit of Gordon Brown, the Chancellor, to the country. Mr Brown hoped to use the trip to state his vision of international relations and raise his profile ahead of his expected accession as Prime Minister this summer but he has been dogged by repeated questions about the programme.

Today the Chancellor was given a red-carpet welcome to an Indian film studio in a northern suburb of Bombay, where he carefully expressed his backing for Shetty, saying: "There is a lot of support for Shilpa. It is pretty clear we are getting the message across. Britain is a nation of tolerance and fairness."

The Times of India, which described the show as "Big(ot) Brother" earlier this week, concluded today that there was no need for diplomatic action over the show, saying: "There is absolutely no reason for the Indian government to get involved or for the British government to be required to respond."

Talat

Re: Jade Goody evicted from the Big Brother house...!!!!

Jade also said sorry to Shilpa !!

Jade, who initiated the detente, said "I'm sorry" and launched into a hug on Wednesday night after the pair had a heart-to-heart. "I really appreciate that you took the first step," said Shilpa

Soniya
    Soniya is offline eTI Iron

She was voted out by 84% votes.

Talat

Jade, who initiated the detente, said "I'm sorry" and launched into a hug on Wednesday night after the pair had a heart-to-heart. "I really appreciate that you took the first step," said Shilpa

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

According to Hindustan Times.. Media publicist Max Clifford said he had advised Goody not to go on the show.
    "She has made terrible decision. It looks like she has ruined a very lucrative career"

Is it really that? Her career ruined or she got even more publicity hence benefit.. even if its negative publicity !!

NRI
    NRI is offline eTI Iron

Na na ... politics in UK is well defined and very fine ... very diplomatic. !!

Her career is not reuines ad such for now ...

as it is said ... NO PUBLICITY IS BAD PUBLICITY.

her career was based on publicity ...a nd she has come out to be talked about aroung the world ... which can be good for the reality TV star.

Right now the Authorities of CBB are giving full support and protecton to Jade.
    Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative

7. Advert.

NRI
    NRI is offline eTI Iron

SHAKEN Jade Goody broke down on live television yesterday and wept that she had ruined her children’s lives.

The race row star revealed plans to see a psychiatrist — and voiced fears that sons Bobby Jack, three, and Freddy, two would be “rejected”.

But, as sources revealed she was on the brink of suicide, she STILL maintained she was not a racist, adding: “In my biggest rage I’ve never come out with a racist comment.”

Soniya

Hmmm... Could this story be complete nonsense?
    Claiming to be suicidal and bringing her kids into it in an effort to stop people being horrible to her is a bit cheap, isn't it?

NRI
    NRI is offline eTI Iron

JADE is Suicidal? Give her a rope! Its only a con for sympathy, just confirms to me that she is rotten to the core

Soniya

There's no such thing as "the brink of suicide".

People either do it or they don't.

Those who threaten suicide rarely do so and those who actually take their own lives rarely tell anyone beforehand.

That's not a personal opinion but from a suicide research website.

It's like saying someone had a near death experience - near to death but not actually dead means your still alive doesn't it?

Now if Jade was on the brink of Dover cliffs that would be a different matter entirely...

NRI
    NRI is offline eTI Iron

i am sure some of you would feel justice done if jade was to die, hate to disapoint you, she has said she would never harm herself , because of her kids, just another bit of fiction from the press .

cant believe how gullible you all are, its no wonder she has been hung drawn and quatered, funny thing is, in this country people are innocent till proven guilty, since when did trial by media constitute guilt, if there was any racism, charges would be bought against the person, havent heard any news yet about any charges being bought against anyone. seems to me like the law thinks there was no racism .

the punishment should fit the crime, also peoples treatment of jade has gone way beyond anything shilpa had to endur.

Ricky

Well, hated by millions of people can be real nightmare for one. So if if she thought for suicide.. its obvious but its not that she feels guilty but may be because she found herself incapable enough to convey herself.

May be she is not racist but I am sure there is a portion in her who is so much egoistic over Indians and thinks that as British she is smarter than and dominant over Indians as might be she has not forgetten that once India was a colonial territory for britishers.

But they should understand that things are changed now...

Soniya

No ...!! its just a Puglic Relations STUNT. being a student of PR i know that this whole scene has been carefully planned in order to emotionalize the public and potrait the picture of heart broker, helpless and sorry Jade. This is a stunt to save her career and for Channel 4 and Big Brother to go in debts.

Ricky

Ya seems to be right but then what is the ground to prove it all correct.. ie your assumptions ?

Soniya

Ground to prove my assumptions correct ... ???

Firstly this isn't just my assumption ... in todays newspapers the very same things r said. that she will have a comeback with a bang ... if she followed the theory step by step.

She = Jade
    Theory = PR text

and moreover the C4 (Channel 4) and BB(Big Brother) bosses have said:
    The Sun can reveal bosses are now pinning their hopes on CBB being won by bullying victim Shilpa Shetty.

A board insider said of the Bollywood star: “If she describes her experience as positive then the row will be significantly defused as far as we’re concerned.”

+ Post a Comment HERE!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast