+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Fault TATA Docomo SIM card

Advert.

sankalpnambiar
    sankalpnambiar is offline Just in!

Thumbs down Fault TATA Docomo SIM card

Advert.
    I write this post with deep regret and discontent towards the service i just received from a customer relationship center of TATA docomo in Mumbai.

I own a TATA Docomo SIM card form Gujarat, which got spoiled while i was texting inside a train en-rout to Mumbai. I don't know the the cause of such an event, however, the SIM card was not readable on several handsets that I tried to use it on.

On reaching Mumbai I went to a customer relationship center close to my house, in hope to get the SIM card replaced. I was told that it would cost Rs. 50 to get the faulty SIM replaced. On realizing that the card is from Gujarat Circle, he told me it can only be replaced from Gujarat.

To whoever from the Docomo family reads this post (also anyone from the general mass), I'd like to address of few quaries :

1) If some SIM card goes bad while the owner is outside the home circle, will he have to wait to get back to his home city/town to get the SIM card replaced? Will he have to do without any mobile connectivity all the while in some unknown city or arrange for a temporary SIM (which he may not be able to if he doesn't have passport size photographs to be affixed with the form).

2)Why is the customer made accountable for a faulty cheap SIM and asked to pay a sum of Rs. 50 (which I suppose is the far more than the cost of production of a SIM card)?

3)The form the customer care inchager was filling for me did have space for various options like SIM fault/ SIM block, etc. However, in the amount area, he was filling Rs 50 with his pen. How am I to know which cause costs how much, or rather what proof can you give me that the company has assigned a sum of Rs. 50 to get their own unreliable faulty SIM card replaced.

Its been almost a year since I've been using the Docomo SIM card. At no point of time did I ever enjoy the pleasure of the service TATA Docomo has provided. It has very poor network coverage. However this is the height of displeasure that I've received from the service.

I surely will not suggest anyone for purchasing a TATA Docomo SIM card.

Rergards
    Sankalp Nambiar
    [email protected]

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver
    Hi Sankalp, welcome to eTI !

Before going any further, if you are not satisfied from the service then use number portability and shift your current number to another service provider.

Secondly, I suggest you to have a talk with customer care using phone of any other person who is using Docomo and enquire them about them.

sankalpnambiar
    sankalpnambiar is offline Just in!
    Well, least their customer care in Mumbai has been very much blunt or rather inclined towards outright rudeness. I surely will esquire in a customer relationship center in Gujarat. If i don't get any satisfactory response, I'll consider MNP.

Thanks for your replya

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver
    From today Number portability has started. I am too thinking to change my operator though !

+ Post a Comment HERE!