+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

New Hero Honda Hunk- Review, Pictures & Specification | Indian 150cc motorbike

Advert.

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver

Advert.
    Hero Honda Hunk : The new bike from Hero Honda

Hero Honda recently launched their not much awaited bike Hero Honda Hunk.

Already talks about it and specially its name, Hero Honda could have used some better name. Well, Hunk is still, if you look into dictionary then it is a very manly word.

This machine has almost similar power and torque to CBZ xtreme, ie. 14.2bhp at 8500 rpm and 12.8 nm at 6500 rpm. Then engine displacement is 149.2 cc . And the engine is set to have tumble flow ( I can't comment over it as do not have enough information about it).

Lets talk about other things of the HUNK, ie. its look and fairing and its styling.

First thing you will note that it has gas charged, adjustable rear shok absorber, it is I think first in Hero Honda Bike. One thing I loved about CBZ from beginning was its saddle position, it just made you sit so sporty that you feel like GOD on road. .. here in Hero Honda Hunk, saddle position is nice so it feels so sporty while sitting on Bike.

Front Disc brake is fine, I wished if they could have increased its size as TVS did in Apache RTR 160, it looks so nice and somohow makes feel bike more powerful (physcologically).

Looking over design, the bike has over all a big look as we had with CBZ xtreme. This time grab rail is single piece ie not like CBZ xtreme which as splitted one looked really cool. One thing I noticed here that they wanted to bike to look shorter and sporty and hence you can see on back that they have kept seat little shorter though ideally should stretch a bit more, anyhow it is looking unique.

What I think that there was something missing in CBZ xtreme and Hero Honda thinks that to compete with Apache RTR and new pulsar, they should work around and hence we have "Hunk".

It has body coloured leg gaurd, I have seen first in Hero Honda bikes and rather in any bike yet. another nice thing about design is its fairing covering the tank, it really makes it feel big, sit over and it is really big. Headlamp is good but again could have better in design. I don't know why Hero Honda people can't create a appealing front look but its satisfactory this time.

As most part of bike is gray so other color create different look than whole gray bike. As you look in above pic, the bike is in red colour but touch of Gray , black makes it appealing.

Looking at the meter console, we have no digital instruments there, looks like Hero Honda wants to make it traditional style manly stuff, only raw power. After all, you can't feel the adrenaline in those digital meter as you feel when the niddle spindle over the meter .. wraoommmm...

Fuel consumption is said to same as CBZ but with little improvement. And bike comes in two version, a kick start costing Rs. 55000 ex showroom Delhi and Rs. 57000 for Electric start ex-showroom Delhi.
    Price is all standard.
    Anyways, Going to most little more about the bike after riding it for a while.

Hero Honda Hunk Headlamp / Headlight Picture

The author is not associated with any of the above mentioned service or product. Author may or may not be using all or any of the above services or products. Above article / review / tip are just views of the author and they do not decide above mentioned service / product's characteristics as whole. The author do not take any responsibility for harm or damage done by any of the above tip / advice / review. Above material / article is provided for the informational purpose only and author can't be held responsible for its usability and authenticity. Reader's discretion is advised.

Stealing or Copying of this article / review / Tip without proper credit and link back to the article is illegal. You may use this article at your site by giving a link back to this article or by asking for permission from the author.

Ricky

Re: New Hero Honda Hunk- Review, Pictures & Specification | Indian 150cc motorbi

Technical Specification

Engine : Air Cooled, 4 - Stroke Single Cylinder OHC
    Displacement : 149.2 cc
    Max Power : 10.6 Kw (14.4 Ps ) @ 8500 rpm
    Torque : 12.80 N-m @ 6500 rpm
    Bore x Stoke : 57.3 X 57.8 mm
    Carburettor : C. V Type
    Ignition : AMI - Advanced Microprocessor Ignition System
    Gear Box : 5 Speed Constant Mesh
    Type : Tubular, Diamond Type
    Suspension :
    Front- Telescopic Hydraulic Shock Absorbers
    Rear- Rectangular Swing Arm with 5 Step Adjustable Gas Reservoir Suspension - GRS
    Brakes :
    Front- Disc: 240 mm Dia Disc - Non Asbestos Type
    Rear- Drum: Internal Expanding Shoe Type (130 mm), Non Asbestos Type.
    Rim Size :
    Front- 18 X 1.85, Alloy Wheel
    Rear - 18 X 2.15, Alloy Wheel
    Tyre Size:
    Front- 2.75 X 18 42P
    Rear-100/90 X 18 - 56P (With Tuff-up Tube)
    Battery : 12V -7 Ah
    Head Light : 12V - 35 / 35 W = Halogen Bulb (Mulit Reflector Type)
    Tail Lamp : 12 V - 5W
    Stop Lamp : 12V - 21W
    Turn Signal Lamp : 12 V - 10W x 4 nos, Clear Lense, Multi reflector Type.
    Fuel Tank Capacity : 12.4 Ltrs
    Reserve- 2.2 Ltrs (Usable Reserve)
    Length : 2080 mm
    Width : 765 mm'
    Height : 1095 mm
    Wheel Base: 1325 mm
    Saddle Height : 795 mm
    Ground Clearance : 145 mm
    Kerb Weight : 143 Kg (Kick) / 145 Kg (self)

hunk_bastard
    hunk_bastard is offline Just in!

Re: New Hero Honda Hunk- Review, Pictures & Specification | Indian 150cc motorbike

I LOVE THE BIKE WHEN IS IT COMING TO MUMBAI AND WHEN SOONER CAN I BOOK IT

Ricky

Re: New Hero Honda Hunk- Review, Pictures & Specification | Indian 150cc motorbike

Hello, you have chosen an interesting name .. so much interesting that I can't even call you by your name ie. ID here.

Well, Hero Honda hunk is available throughout.. all you need is to book it.

vinayn
    vinayn is offline Just in!

It's dazzling........... I love it
    Thanks to Hero Honda.....

Ricky

Well, if you see its specification then its CBZ xtreme itself with new face.. isn't ?

7. Advert.

Shrikant Sharma Guest

its a nice bike having nice name i love it and i gonna to buy it.......
    its lovely.....
    its a definatley male bike....

bapan Guest

its looks good but the engine is similar like cbz extreme. so i guess its not the newest thing. out look is good but not best.

Ricky

Yes, you are right, I think Hero Honda understood that it is not in competition with rivals in the area of looks so they launched HUNK.
    Rival like Apache RTR and New Pulsar so .. they launched new revised look as HUNK..

Aryanz2cool Guest

its an awesome bike .. i already have a pulsar 180 .. but i am completely bowled over
    by its looks .. i had a test of this bike its pick up was good .. over all really a very good
    machine .. maybe going to rule the market ..

Ricky

Well, Pulsar 180 is definitely ahead of Hunk in terms of acceleration. May be you drove new bike ie. Hunk so you found it better than pulsar.
    Ever apache RTR 160 got better acceleration than HUNK

a raj singh Guest

i don"t like,

Rajesha B Guest

the front part is dangerous i can i magine the pain by lookin at it

haunted Guest

me pan ghenar ;D

Ricky

Front part is heavily inspired from Apache & its not that bad !

+ Post a Comment HERE!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast