+ Post a Comment HERE!   + Ask a Question / Post a Topic

Disc Breaks are ineffective in Apache RTR 160 Hyper Edge

Advert.

rb@apache
    rb@apache is offline Just in!

Disc Breaks are ineffective in Apache RTR 160 Hyper Edge

Advert.
    Hi friends! Just in January 2011 I shelled 75k on a black Apache RTR 160 Hyper Edge – REAR DISC braking variant. Trusting that disc brakes are better than the drum option I made this decision and I regret and curse my decision for the following reasons:

While I understand that braking in apache needs the judgment of front as well rear brakes together with appropriate ratio that only comes with riding experience I still could not digest the fact that the disc brake in my bike is sluggish/ineffective/sloppy etc. etc. etc….you name any word in quality minus that suites my description just right.

I took the bike to the only authorized service center in my town and since it is a small town he is the monopoly and you have no other choice as the bike is brand new. I was having a terrible time in explaining the trouble I am having and sincerely repeatedly suggested to the service engineer that I am not interested in a very mean regular service which they will do any way (or may be not); but I want my specific complaint attended. He took all notes and assured to call me in 24 hours. But to my dismay after 72 hours I was called to the service station only to be given the following contemptuous remark:

SIR, WHATEVER THE EFFICIENCY YOU ARE EXPERIENCING IN YOUR RTR APACHE 160/180 REAR DISC VARIANT is the FACTORY DEFAULT SETTING AND WE CANNOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

After this he happily took me for a jolly ride and explained in detail that he had done the air bleeding and tested the braking several times and also he had suspected improper BRAKE PEDAL PLY which also he adjusted with great amount of care and said that I shouldn’t be having any problem in my future days.

Now since I have already bought the bike and have no affordability to change to a better one immediately I request the folks alike writing in this forum to help me in finding a solution to this problem…..hope you all will send in your comments……….!!!!!!!!!!!

Ricky
    Ricky is offline eTI Silver
    Hi rb@apache, welcome to eTI .

I read your post carefully however, I have one question, how you judge that your Disc brakes are ineffective ? I need to know actually what is the scale or standard to find it out that your brakes are ineffective.

+ Post a Comment HERE!